Well, I didn't pass

DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
About 5 months ago I passed the net+, afterward I wanted to keep on going in the networking technology. I started studying for the CCNA and about a month ago I decided that maybe the CCENT would be a safer bet. I felt ready and confident so I scheduled for today and got a 791 where 804 is passing.

describe data networks.....................61%
implement small switched network.......87%
implement IP addressing...............44%
implement small routed network..........81%
explain wlan admin tasks..................100%
identify security threats...................100%
implement and verify WAN links......25%

I guess on the IP addressing I got lax because I was so good at it after school right before the net+ so I put it on the back burner while studying.

On WAN links the only thing that could of screwed me was there was a sim that I totally bombed, when clicking the next button I was shaking my head. I would elaborate but we all know the rules.

Moving along, I guess I know what to study, I bought Todd Lammle's book on the CCENT for fresh new look on all the subjects. I already have 2 2905 cisco routers and a 2950 switch for labs.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• N3tWrkNutN3tWrkNut Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry. I did the same thing and I thought I had subnetting down too and apparently I didn't. I am taking it again next wednesday!
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    You were so close. Study some more and you will get it. Lammles books are good. Chris Bryant (the bryant advantage) is really good too.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am sure you will get it the next time.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since your low score areas are "Implement" tasks, it sounds like you want to spend some time in the lab. A few questions a day at subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online should keep your subnetting skills sharp -- or point out areas for subnetting improvement.

Good Luck with round 2. icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Since your low score areas are "Implement" tasks, it sounds like you want to spend some time in the lab. A few questions a day at subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online should keep your subnetting skills sharp -- or point out areas for subnetting improvement.

Good Luck with round 2. icon_thumright.gif

I'll second that! While failing anything sucks at least you didn't just do generally bad on everything. You have only have two core areas to work on which should make it much easier to get back in there and pass!
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I'll second that! While failing anything sucks at least you didn't just do generally bad on everything. You have only have two core areas to work on which should make it much easier to get back in there and pass!

Just don't neglect the areas you did well in. There is a case of a guy here who kept going up in his retakes int he areas he lacked, but the areas he did well in progressively declined as well.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Man you were definitely close so don't get down on yourself. I would recommend getting the Chris Bryant Train Signal Videos. In addition, I third Mike's recommendation for subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online they are excellent. Study the areas again that you didn't do as well in, and you will blow it away this time. Try to remember what you seen on the test you weren't positive about and hit those areas as well.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Almost there!

Just my take from your score...

Chances are from the sound of it you got a subnetting question wrong. /25 instread of a /26 or miscounted some hosts. Do some review there.

Also, "verify wan" means "show" commands. You might have said somehing like "show eigrp" instread of "show ip eigrp" that sort of thing.
    -Daniel
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the support, I will definitally check out subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online; It sounds like that's exactly what I need.

I am going to take it easy till my new book comes in the mail and it hard all over again.

Once agian thanks to everyone!
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    About 5 months ago I passed the net+, afterward I wanted to keep on going in the networking technology. I started studying for the CCNA and about a month ago I decided that maybe the CCENT would be a safer bet. I felt ready and confident so I scheduled for today and got a 791 where 804 is passing.

Hey wow, me too. I sat this on Monday and got 791. What's that, one question? I raced through the exam thinking there may be a simulation coming up at the end that would use up all my time. Finished with 28minutes to go. Sucks that you can't go back and review answers like MS. AU$150 blown because I wasn't familiar with the format.icon_sad.gif
  • celtic_tigerceltic_tiger Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another change of gear for studying is the cisco games https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2608

Its kinda like taking a break but still studying. They have a cisco subnetting scenario there. I find that I can perform all the excercises and get the right answers from the book but given an actual real world task I dont know where to begin and what they are asking so the subnet game here may be of interest if this is a concern.

Also i would use aquire packet tracer.