Passed with a 86!

ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
yet just one more done icon_biggrin.gif security+ next!!!!

Josh
CompTIA A+, network+, server+ certified
Josh
A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering

Comments

• D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Congrats! :D What books did you use? and practice tests? How long did you study for? icon_wink.gif How much real world experience do you have ?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    d-boy

on every cert ive taken ive used the "for dummies" book and the mike meyers passport books.

Usually I use the for dummies book just to get a basic understanding and the passport to flesh things out. In this one case, I would not suggest the passport book as I do not believe I learned a thing from it. Usually they are excellent though.

As for practice exams, i used the ones that came on cd with both books and the written ones in the books. The passport exams were actually VERY close to what was on the test so they helped alot. I would say i studied about 48 hours total spread amongst 3 weeks.

I have about 3 years real world experience in environments from 200-800 users.
    Josh
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the pass!
  • quest_to_learnquest_to_learn Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ja5983 wrote:
    d-boy
    I have about 3 years real world experience in environments from 200-800 users.

That's probably what did it right there. I find that some things totally confuse me until I work with it a little. Then I read up on it and it clicks a bit more.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    definately agree. The experience helped alot though i never really cared to memorize the lengths of SCSI cables, just used the minimum length i could :)
    Josh