Passed Today

CCNAwannabeCCNAwannabe Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I wanted to let you guys know I passed the CCNA Sec. with a score of a 1000! I would recommend the CBT Nuggets with the cisco exam guide. This test is wayyyy easier than the CCNA. Some questions I had never seen before or were mentioned in the guide but I guessed my way to an ace.

I used this forum to try and gauge the test and most everyone said it was easier and they were right. Know your VPN, Firewall and AAA. You will pass if you take a good 2-3 weeks worth of dedicated studying and able to play with a router with VPN/ZBF. And do the CBT Nug labs you will pass!

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wanted to let you guys know I passed the CCNA Sec. with a score of a 1000! I would recommend the CBT Nuggets with the cisco exam guide. This test is wayyyy easier than the CCNA. Some questions I had never seen before or were mentioned in the guide but I guessed my way to an ace.

I used this forum to try and gauge the test and most everyone said it was easier and they were right. Know your VPN, Firewall and AAA. You will pass if you take a good 2-3 weeks worth of dedicated studying and able to play with a router with VPN/ZBF. And do the CBT Nug labs you will pass!

Thanks Guys!

Awesome. I want to take this in a few weeks. If you don't mind answering, did you use transcender or anything like that, also did what kind of a lab did you use to practice the commands (if you used anything like that)?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz!

So what's next? ;)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407

Thanks Guys!
    Fantastic result, nice one.

It 's very good to hear news like that, puts my mind to rest a bit as I have my exam one week from now.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • CCNAwannabeCCNAwannabe Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Awesome. I want to take this in a few weeks. If you don't mind answering, did you use transcender or anything like that, also did what kind of a lab did you use to practice the commands (if you used anything like that)?

I used the boson exam prep that came with the exam cert book, I also would recommend the Do I know this? section in the book as well. VERY HELPFUL!, Anyways I used a 2811 with a vpn module from work to do the labs, Even if you don't have access to a router with SDM you should know where everything is and you will be fine.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass... What's next on your list?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    CONGRATS on your pass... What's next on your list?

I don't even know.. I'm thinking CCNP since the only reason I took the security was to renew my CCNA. I might do the CCNA wireless and Voice just to broaden my knowledge before the CCNP road.
    I don't even know.. I'm thinking CCNP since the only reason I took the security was to renew my CCNA. I might do the CCNA wireless and Voice just to broaden my knowledge before the CCNP road.
    I can recommend CCNA Voice - I enjoyed that one very much, Cost a bit getting the lab equipment though!!

mikem2te wrote: »
    I can recommend CCNA Voice - I enjoyed that one very much, Cost a bit getting the lab equipment though!!

Did you need the lab equipment for the test?
    Did you need the lab equipment for the test?
    There are a few lab hardware requirements but like all these things you can get away without if you take advantage of things like cbtnuggets.

Some things tested-

CME (Cisco communcations manager express) itself. This is a part of some IOS images on 1760, 2600xm, 2800 etc series routers. Command line stuff, I would say this is essential for the test.

Cisco IP Phones, personally I would get two - pretty cheap on ebay for something like a 7906. Try to get hold of the PC Based Cisco soft phone (IPCommunicator) as well,

Relatively modern Cisco switch, PoE not required. Can use a simple PoE injector to power the phones.

UC520, all in one Hardware device (router, firewall, switch etc). The exam is only based on the voice config which is about 8 screens of a gui interface. Quite easy really. CBT Nuggets or the official exam guide will get you through that.

CUE (voicemail system), again the book and CBT Nuggets.

There's are other nice to haves, PDVMs, FXO & FXS VWICs etc - not really required.

• incasminincasmin Banned Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    which book did you use exactly if you don't mind me asking sir?
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • essclubessclub Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□

Thanks Guys!

Congrats on the pass!

I have just completed the CCNAV just over a week ago with a pass of 974 icon_smile.gif with assistance from this forum, Cisco Press exam guide, CBT Nuggets and CCNA Voice quick reference and as Mike says I can recommend the CCNAV. It is oddly rewarding making phones ring....

It was expensive to put the lab together which took me more time than the actual studying. I used 2 x 2621XM's, 2 x NME2V's, 1xVIC2FXO, 1 x VIC2FXS,2x 2950's, CME 4.1, 1x7912, 1x7940, and a soft phone.
    I learnt a lot from buying the real kit and getting it all to work with little issues that are just not covered in any of the books or videos (Such as finding firmware files and getting Java to work with CME etc etc) and I think real kit is the best way to study and learn.

I was pleased to read your post re your pass on the CCNA Security as I have just started studying. I watched the CBT Nuggets once through this week which seemed OK and I have the official cisco exam press book on order which does not seem to be too popular icon_sad.gif. Would you or anyone else recomend getting another book?

In addition, I have also just finished my first run through of Train Signal CCNA Security DVD (apart from 1 video which i will watch today) but man, Chris Bryant is hard work and the videos are extremely long (one is 3.17!!!). Having watched this video has put me off the CCNAS as it is long and dull but there appears to be a lot of additional material not mentioned in CBT nuggets.
    Has anyone watched this video? I am wondering whether I should ditch it and just stick to the CBT nuggets or if the content is worth sticking wih despite the pain. Maybe less is more.

I must admit this Security stuff is not as interesting as the CCNA or CCNAV so far.....

Cheers

Essclub