Passed BSCI

YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

Just passed the BSCI exam kinda tought it was easy, got 848 with passing being 776.

Used alot of diffrent things to study:
Ciscopress Self study guide 3rd edition
cisco.com <~~~ one of the best tools out there
CBT nuggets
Knowledge express CD
and ofcourse a cisco router/switch lab:
2 2501`s
2 2504`s
1 2514
1 2507
1 2523
1 1720
2 1900`s switches 1912, 1924

Starting to work on the BCMSN next, heard that was one of the hardest tests out there so I might have to study harder, only thing that wories me is Layer 3 switching, dont have that in my lab to practise with and its too expinsive to buy. If anyone has any tips or question feel free to ask me.

Thanks everyone for your help.
LIfe is hard, thats all I have to say.

Comments

• porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrats on your pass! :D
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, i'm working on that one as well.. about how long did u study for it?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone,

Well I started mid-january .
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yozh wrote:
    Thank you everyone,

Well I started mid-january .

cool so i'm not so off target
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    So does anyone have any tips about layer 3 switching ?
  • dj_lotfidj_lotfi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good job for your bsci

i'm preparing bcmsn too and i'm gonna to use boson simulator for ccnp as it has switch 5000 series

do you know if token ring is still on the bcmsn or not because i'm using learnkey videos and it have a section for token ring
    lotfi
    CCNA , BSCI
    Want to be CCNP
    Hmm, thats a good question havent researched that far yet.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    dj_lotfi wrote:
    do you know if token ring is still on the bcmsn or not because i'm using learnkey videos and it have a section for token ring
    It's not in the 642-811 BCMSN Cisco Press book...
  • ThanatosKnightThanatosKnight Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats

Do you have any advices on the labs ? The labs in the cisco press' bsci book are enough for the exam ?

Thanks icon_wink.gif
    I didnt really used those labs in real life just basicly answered the questions, you should try to find cisco academy labs those are pretty good. Also you can try to make labs your self, set a goal and try to get it, like with BGP I didnt follow any lab, just made my own scenario.
  • MilkywayMilkyway Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :). I personally felt like the BSCI test was more difficult than the BCMSN, but it wasn't more difficult by a significant margin or anything. I studied about three months for the BSCI and about two for the BCMSN before I felt I was ready to go and pass the exams.

Here's Cisco's collection of whitepapers on Layer 3 switching. That should give you way more information than you'll need. Make sure you understand how traditional MLS and CEF work. Run by your local bookstore before you take the exam and read the Cisco Press Exam Preparation Guide for the BCMSN, and make sure you can answer all their questions about MLS and CEF, it had some good stuff in it (more for doublechecking your understanding than actually learning it, unfortunately).
    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Technologies:Layer-Three_Switching

--MW icon_cool.gif
    Thank you for the good advice I will look in to, I`m already scheduled for the BCMSN for this tuesday comming up (3/29) I know its too fast, but my job is forsing me to do it and they will pay for it eather way so I have to take it. Personally I dont like rushing in, but this time I have to. I already finished reading the book and now practising with the practise tests, mostly boson. I would really love to do some hands on, but I have no where to do it, and the simulators out there really dont do the job. Well wish me luck and Ill report when I`ll take the test. Probably in a new thread. Thanks all for your help.