Sample questions comparable?

dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
Hi CISSP-ers,
Are there any sets of sample test questions out there that are written in the same format as the actual exam? I read alot about the fact that the answers are not written like other cert-exams, where you can typically discount 2 of the 4 offered answers. I realize that knowing the information is the only way to pass the test, but being familiar with the way the test is presented can help with getting into the right mid-set.
Thanks all

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dorawe wrote: »
    Hi CISSP-ers,
    Are there any sets of sample test questions out there that are written in the same format as the actual exam? I read alot about the fact that the answers are not written like other cert-exams, where you can typically discount 2 of the 4 offered answers. I realize that knowing the information is the only way to pass the test, but being familiar with the way the test is presented can help with getting into the right mid-set.
    Thanks all

I found the security+ questions to be along the same lines just not as complex.

You can also use the ccure website for sample questions.
  • dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    Yeah, I still have all of my study info from that cert (passed it Nov '09), but there are posts on this forum (and after speaking with a CISSP) that there are no clear-cut correct answers.....e.g. a question would have at least 3 answers that were very similar, of course there is only one correct answer, but I want the 'confusion factor' to be as close to the real thing as possible.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dorawe wrote: »
    Yeah, I still have all of my study info from that cert (passed it Nov '09), but there are posts on this forum (and after speaking with a CISSP) that there are no clear-cut correct answers.....e.g. a question would have at least 3 answers that were very similar, of course there is only one correct answer, but I want the 'confusion factor' to be as close to the real thing as possible.

I wrote it last saturday and there is no questions that are exactly like it. I thought i was writing a more detailed sec+ but that was just me and could just have been the exam I got.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The studISCope online self-assessment material available for purchase from the (ISC)2 website is suppose to be made up of retired CISSP and SSCP exam items, and items that were written specifically as practice material, so that's probably the closest you'll find.
  • dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    Thanks JD, I read your blog-review of the Preplogic sample questions, which made me come up with this "who's the best" question. I'll hop over to the (ISC)2 webiste and check it out.