Options

Passed... 795

mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm extremely happy to have passed my first certification exam, Security+ with a score of 795 just today. I would like to thank all of you, especially the techexams site for the great advise you offered. Darill Gibson's book is a great reference for this exams, so thank you Darill.

I could have studied more, and I had decided to take the exam in mid Feberuary, however something came up and I decided to take the exam sooner.

When I looked at the first few questions, I got so scared... the "Mark for review" feature is very helpful... when I went back to those questions I smiled and said oh there is the right answer... I didn't see it the way i did when I first started.
- CCNP (Work In Progress)
- CCNA
- CCENT
- Security+
- B.S. Computer Science (Info. Systems Security)

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on your first cert. Security+ wasn't easy in my opinion. I think it's CompTIA's most difficult cert. Just my opinion. And by the way... welcome to TechExam!
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats as well. Im back into Darril's book after having to take time off due to some family issues. I hope to sit the test next month myself.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821, thanks! I don't think it was easy at all... I do not have much 'working' experience in network security, but I do have a B.S. in Information Systems Security, and if the exam was easy, someone with an education background like mine would easily pass with a high score.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to be here with the rest of you.
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+
  • Options
    Bokeh, I wish you the best of luck. Darill's book is very helpful and is worth buying. I also used an iPhone app that offered about 200 security+ related questions. The App's name is "Security+ Exam Prep" by a company called Tech 2000.
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+