Passed 70-270 Today

I took the 70-270 test today and passed with an 840. Before I make any other comments let me first say that I had already passed 70-290, 291, 293 and 294, which made this test MUCH easier. And I have been working with XP Pro for the last 5 years or so as well.

Overall I thought this was by far the easiest Microsoft test I had taken. Out of the 45 questions I knew that I had around 35 definitely correct when I finished. And the other 10 were simply toss-ups between 2 answers. Some of the questions were absurd in the fact that 3 of the answers were so obviously wrong that only one answer could be right.

The test pretty much covered everything in the MS Press book, so if you get that book and learn the material you should be in pretty good shape. The test seemed to hit most topics, but I would definitely know about installations, hardware and device drivers, and networking.

I also used Transcender and Ucertify to prepare, but I think I could have passed with just the MS Press book and the CD questions with it. The study topics found on this site were also a BIG help.

On to 70-298 and 299 now.

Comments

• gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!:D
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Good work! It always feels good when you accomplish a goal you had set for yourself. Good job.

The Transcenders were good a few years ago for the 298 and 299. :) I passed them both using them and labbing as much as I could.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Thanks for the tip. I'm seriously thinking about just taking both either the same day or back to back days. From what I've read 298 and 299 are very similar in content.

One thing I wanted to add about 70-270 - the Transcender material and the actual test were very similar. There were some questions that were almost verbatim - not exact but the same concept.