New Certificate style from CompTIA

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Has anyone seen the new certificates being sent to certification holders from CompTIA? I was pleasantly surprised to receive a very nice certificate (not the cheap printing and paper) and plastic card. :D

They look significantly more professional than the older one I received for my Network+ earlier this year. I will post some photos later.

Comments

• apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    A few days ago, I received my Sec+ certificate in the mail.

It's a step-up in terms of quality (heavier paper), but I was wondering why it wasn't 8.5x11. I assume the smaller paper size is more internationally friendly?
    Usus magister est optimus
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone seen the new certificates being sent to certification holders from CompTIA? I was pleasantly surprised to receive a very nice certificate (not the cheap printing and paper) and plastic card. :D

They look significantly more professional than the older one I received for my Network+ earlier this year. I will post some photos later.

I didn't even know that they updated it, I would really like to see it.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, I may order a reprint for my comptia certs
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow it looks awsome!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    apena7 wrote: »
    A few days ago, I received my Sec+ certificate in the mail.

It's a step-up in terms of quality (heavier paper), but I was wondering why it wasn't 8.5x11. I assume the smaller paper size is more internationally friendly?

It is really difficult to get letter size stationary outside USA.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Looks alot better, once i get my Server+ cert, this will be the 3rd change of Comptia certs that I have (A+ & Network+ were one style, security+ was another and now this one) :)

-Ken
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just noticed something,

My ID is COMP001001769288
    Yours COMP001008886608

Does that mean 7,117,320 received Comptia certificates between 2003 and the time you got your first certificate?
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The design is pretty nice!
    wd40 wrote: »
    I just noticed something,

My ID is COMP001001769288
    Yours COMP001008886608

Does that mean 7,117,320 received Comptia certificates between 2003 and the time you got your first certificate?
    Mine is COMP00100401XXXX, and I got it in 2005. I guess ~2M in two years is reasonable.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • z0nkz0nk Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Would I be able to get my paper inkjet style cert reprinted to this new version?
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't think so, they have used those numbers for other things in the past, membership numbers for one. For a while they gave you one even if you failed because they tracked fails and they showed on the system. For a couple of years you could end up with multiple numbers because they did not sync prometric and vue.

I had two numbers for two years until I decided to sync them up about 8 years ago. I don't think I would put much stock in the number system, but maybe the new guy that took over is fixing all this.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    Not prelaminated, it's a hard plastic like my Debit Card.
  • IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those look a lot better than the old ones.. might have to re-order my certs.
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not prelaminated, it's a hard plastic like my Debit Card.

Good One -- can be handy sometimesicon_wink.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I have to say I like them better than the last ones, much more professional looking.

The one I have is the purple and flashy design, and looks more like an ad for tech school than a certification.
  • beatblambeatblam Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bro,
    You Sec+ certificate has encouraged me so much and I have some few questions since am also writing ma sec+ exam in February 2010.

Which materials would u recommend for one to pass as you did bro and which site to go for practice exams which are strong as the actual test bro

Am in Malawi
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    beatblam wrote: »
    Bro,
    You Sec+ certificate has encouraged me so much and I have some few questions since am also writing ma sec+ exam in February 2010.

Which materials would u recommend for one to pass as you did bro and which site to go for practice exams which are strong as the actual test bro

Am in Malawi

Boo. Hiss. Boo.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    beatblam wrote: »
    Bro,

Am in Malawi

Hoot Hoot Hoot Hoot
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I'll have to wait until I either take the Linux+ or update my Network+.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I might re-order my A+, Security+, and Linux+ cards if my Server+ card comes pre-laminated.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I might just go ahead and reorder my Sec+ and Net+... I guess it depends if I get any more CompTIA certs like Linux+.

I wish I could reorder a new version of my C|EH. It looks like an ad for an antidepressant.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • rszpanderferrszpanderfer Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where do you go to re-order the certificate, because I don't see the option anywhere on the CompTIA website.

Of course, when you do a search on their website and follow their instructions to order a certificate, the option isn't there anywhere...
    Passed on 2/20: Network+, Score - 840
    Next: Security+ and Server+
  • poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hope my A+ Cert will look like that! Nice stuff!
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Where do you go to re-order the certificate, because I don't see the option anywhere on the CompTIA website.

Of course, when you do a search on their website and follow their instructions to order a certificate, the option isn't there anywhere...

i reordered my A+ and N+...and you're right, it's NOWHERE on the website. I had to email their support staff, write in the comments sections - asking them how to do it, they replied to me with a link. You could probably get it a little faster if you can call.

Anyway, I have to say I like previous version graphics and design...it was just lame that it was on a peice of paper. This one is like a credit card, but with a very bland design.
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Wow, that looks very nice OP!!!! :)

congratulations man, you've earned it

what's next for you sir?
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    Selfmade wrote: »
    Wow, that looks very nice OP!!!! :)

congratulations man, you've earned it

what's next for you sir?

A Bachelor degree, then on to Cisco and security certifications :)
  • jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Due to MS decision, my new planing for this year in certification:
    1. Security+
    2.Network+ (Bridge).
    3.may be the upgrade of MCTS (AD\INF.)
    also i start to join a cisco academy for CCNA,to take the exam the next year.
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a charge for re-ordering your certificates?
    exampasser wrote: »
    Is there a charge for re-ordering your certificates?

If I remember correctly $15.