Dec 19 CISSP takers

gladiatorkevgladiatorkev Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I took the CISSP examination in London on Dec 19th 2009.

Still awaiting the results.

Anyone on the same page ? Waiting is really hard.
:)

Regards

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I take it in 4 days.
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Hi,

I took the CISSP examination in London on Dec 19th 2009.

Still awaiting the results.

Anyone on the same page ? Waiting is really hard.
    :)

Regards

I would say you are not going to get yours for at least another 2+ weeks.
    GAngel wrote: »
    I take it in 4 days.

Good Luck!
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took mine dec. 19 in Dallas Tx. Still waiting
  • stutosstutos Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I must have been in the same room as you gladiatorkev. The wait is killing me!!!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Patience guys, the results will come soon enough. we all know it sucks but just look at it as part of the process icon_smile.gif

Keep in mind the xmas break wont have helped things much either.

fingers crossed for you.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm sure you all passed icon_thumright.gif
    The people that took it on December 5th got their results today, so I am not expecting mine for another 2 weeks.
  • mcgarglemcgargle Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took mine on Dec 20 in Minneapolis and got the results today (I passed). 27 days!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mcgargle wrote: »
    I took mine on Dec 20 in Minneapolis and got the results today (I passed). 27 days!

Congratz!
  • gladiatorkevgladiatorkev Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my results today..!

I Passed.!

Thanks to all for the Good Wishes..!
    :):)icon_lol.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed.!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The good news continues to roll in!! icon_cool.gif

More passes (and congratulations) over in http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/48941-dec-cissp-test-takes.html
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Just got my results as of 1/16/10 10:38 A.M.

Dear Slinuxuzer, Congradulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certififed Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP(R)) examination the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP.

One year, 1,200 dollars, 250+ hours of study. Still unemployed, but feeling pretty good today.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations to all!

What materials have you guys been using to prepare?
    1. shon harris All-in-one Full read

2. Exam cram questiosn and review books - for spot review

3. Transcender

4. Some cbt nuggets from my streaming subscription
    dynamik wrote: »
    Congratulations to all!

What materials have you guys been using to prepare?

1: Shon Harris AIO
    2: CISSP Preparation Guide:Ronald Krutz
    3: Advanced CISSP Guide:Ronald Krutz
    4: Total Seminars Tutorial
    5:CCure Practise Tests
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Certififed Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP(R)) examination the first step in becoming certified as a CISSP.
    We are pleased to offer you Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
  • heatmizer6heatmizer6 Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of people seemed to use Shon Harris to study for the CISSP. The study material I used was:

CISSP for Dummies V3
    Exam Cram CISSP 2nd edition
    Sybex CISSP
    CCURE.org

I thought that the Dummies books and Exam cram were more explanatory (combined) than the Shon Harris books. I used these books to explain what the Sybex book was describing in detail. I used the CCURE.org to test my knowledge in each domain.
  • stutosstutos Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed!!!

I used Shon Harris AIO, CISSP for dummies and CBT nuggets.

Well done to everyone else who passed too.
  • failedagainfailedagain Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_cry.gif Man this really sucks. I took the training camp class and used the Shon Harris book. This is my 2nd time failing. Granted I did better this time than the last time, but still did not pass. Any suggestions?
    Congrats to those who passed nice one guys icon_smile.gif

failedagain, gutted for you but that score says your pretty close, Go out get drunk forget about and then hit the books again and see if you can pick up on the areas your weak on. icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    I did better this time than the last time, but still did not pass.
    How close are you to passing now?
    Go out get drunk forget about and then hit the books again and see if you can pick up on the areas your weak on.
    I definitely agree with the get drunk part icon_lol.gif -- but make sure you jot down some notes first about any weak areas or things you weren't sure about from the exam.

Forget about the "failure" part of the exam -- it's over. Don't dwell on it. Don't agonize about it. We don't care about that "non-pass" and neither should you. Forget anything that prevents you from focusing on your studies to pass the exam next time. Remember only the things from the exam that can help you prepare and pass the next time. When I snap my fingers you will wake up refreshed and ready to study and you will crush the exam. <snap>

You've seen the exam twice now -- so you should know what to expect. Spend some extra time working on your weak areas, but don't "slip" in the other areas or they may become your weak areas next try.

I'd say get back to the books once you sober up. Focus and study all areas again -- and then evaluate your readiness for the exam using your past experiences.

If you honestly feel ready, then sign up and keep reviewing up until the exam. If you're still not sure you're set to crush the exam, do another study/review cycle. Study. Rinse. Repeat.

Once you master the material and pass the exam -- and hopefully advance your career -- the "extra cost" of multiple attempts hopefully won't be an issue.

Good Luck:
    with forgetting what you need to drunken_smilie.gif
    recovering from forgetting icon_cool.gif
    remembering what you need too work on icon_scratch.gif
    getting back to the books and executing your updated study plan icon_study.gif
  • failedagainfailedagain Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scored 644. Thanks for the encouragement. It's frustrating, but I am refusing to let this beat me. I KNOW I CAN PASS THIS!

mikej412 wrote: »
    How close are you to passing now?

I definitely agree with the get drunk part icon_lol.gif -- but make sure you jot down some notes first about any weak areas or things you weren't sure about from the exam.

Forget about the "failure" part of the exam -- it's over. Don't dwell on it. Don't agonize about it. We don't care about that "non-pass" and neither should you. Forget anything that prevents you from focusing on your studies to pass the exam next time. Remember only the things from the exam that can help you prepare and pass the next time. When I snap my fingers you will wake up refreshed and ready to study and you will crush the exam. <snap>

You've seen the exam twice now -- so you should know what to expect. Spend some extra time working on your weak areas, but don't "slip" in the other areas or they may become your weak areas next try.

I'd say get back to the books once you sober up. Focus and study all areas again -- and then evaluate your readiness for the exam using your past experiences.

If you honestly feel ready, then sign up and keep reviewing up until the exam. If you're still not sure you're set to crush the exam, do another study/review cycle. Study. Rinse. Repeat.

Once you master the material and pass the exam -- and hopefully advance your career -- the "extra cost" of multiple attempts hopefully won't be an issue.

Good Luck:
    with forgetting what you need to drunken_smilie.gif
    recovering from forgetting icon_cool.gif
    remembering what you need too work on icon_scratch.gif
    getting back to the books and executing your updated study plan icon_study.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I scored 644. Thanks for the encouragement. It's frustrating, but I am refusing to let this beat me. I KNOW I CAN PASS THIS!
    You may be simply underestimating the level of study effort you need or the type of study approach you should take. If you have been using most printed material, switch to audio/visual study materials. Try learning more from practice exams, or spend more time immediately re-reading material before going on to something new.

If you have been studying alone then I suggest finding someone who can help you study. A study partner can drill you orally on the material and maybe that will better fix the information in your mind. I found that if I can give a 30-60 second talk on any topic in the CBK I could use it to solve CISSP exam items pretty well.

You now know what doesn't work for you study-wise, so try something different. More exercise, more sleep, better diet, less caffeine--anything different.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I found that if I can give a 30-60 second talk on any topic in the CBK I could use it to solve CISSP exam items pretty well.

It's funny you mention that. I had already determined that that was going to be the exact methodology I use to drill the topics home.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    It's funny you mention that. I had already determined that that was going to be the exact methodology I use to drill the topics home.
    I mentioned that technique in a couple of posts I made here while studying for the CISSP, so that must be where you "determined" it from. icon_lol.gif
    Oh no, you're bleeding into my subconscious icon_eek.gif

While that may be partially true, my main motivation was that we work with pretty much everything on there, and I wanted to be sure I could answer a client's question if I was asked anything along the lines of what the CISSP encompasses.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I found that if I can give a 30-60 second talk on any topic in the CBK I could use it to solve CISSP exam items pretty well.

Good study tip JD icon_smile.gif I'll try and remember that one. Currently I just file it my brain and have been looking for a way to start piecing things together more coherently. I had been thinking of doing some training\presentations for some of the junior guys here at work. Both as a way to bring there skills up and to reinforce mine.
    Sent the Completed Endorsement form along with the resume via Email to ISC2.

Now awaiting final confirmation email.

Normally, how much time does it take to get the confirmation after emailing the endorsement and resume ?