Options

Where should i go next?

SbritoSbrito Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got my MCSE in November last year and decided to take a little break from certs(7 in 7 months drained me). Now I'm ready to get back into it again. I kind of want to do a Linux exam, but don't know which one's are the best to take. I am of course open to all ideas though!

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    I would say the most popular is the linux cert is the Red Hat track?

RHCT -> RHCE

redhat.com | Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    SbritoSbrito Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the suggestion, from what I see the RHCT overlaps with the RHCE. Would just getting an RHCE book suffice? Also do I have to take the RHCT before I take the CE? The course work for the CT is in CE.

Also, what is a good book to get for the exam?

Thanks!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sbrito wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, from what I see the RHCT overlaps with the RHCE. Would just getting an RHCE book suffice? Also do I have to take the RHCT before I take the CE? The course work for the CT is in CE.

Also, what is a good book to get for the exam?

Thanks!

From what I hear taking the RHCE without much background in Linux, or Redhat is like trying to eat a Super Burrito when you are stuffed. i.e. not advised icon_wink.gif

If you look at the link I have given here there is a 3.5 hr hands on examination. Not something that I would advise without extensive hands on experience.

redhat.com | Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    From what I hear taking the RHCE without much background in Linux, or Redhat is like trying to eat a Super Burrito when you are stuffed. i.e. not advised icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gif

+rep
  • Options
    stephens316stephens316 Member Posts: 203 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LPI I and II ?
    Free Reading : History Books