Motivation

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
Just want to post a quick note. I am seeing a lot more threads in here and I just want to thank and all those who are studying for the CCIE for added motivation and wish you all success in your studies!

Back to the Grind!

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Motivation is something i've found a little difficult this past few days.

There's no hope in the current job market, there is just nothing around.

Thankfully I am in a stable job and am relatively safe.

But still, I am bored. I just feel I want more... Problem is in a job, I find the challenge goes and I end up dealing with boring first line pants all the time...

However, it's you guys on TE that keep me going and keep me hooked in.

Hopefully find some time tomorrow evening to knock out some more ISCW...
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I can relate, gorebrush. I don't get paid nearly enough for the work I do, but the market isn't exactly booming with opportunities.

Traditionally, slow times are when you bone up on your skillset, so that you can take advantage of any opportunities that come up when the wheel turns. That's pretty much my motivation, I want to make sure I'm in position to make a move when the opportunity to make one comes.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    I can relate, gorebrush. I don't get paid nearly enough for the work I do, but the market isn't exactly booming with opportunities.

Traditionally, slow times are when you bone up on your skillset, so that you can take advantage of any opportunities that come up when the wheel turns. That's pretty much my motivation, I want to make sure I'm in position to make a move when the opportunity to make one comes.

+1 I'm lucky enough to have 2 jobs :p 2nd job is a complete bore and like you(Foresaken_GA) I don't get paid anywhere near for what I do.
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    +1 Forsaken.

Totally.

Never mind, lets make hay on the studies while its quiet.

Boss is in a management meeting at 10, that'll probably go on for about 2 hours...

Perfect ISCW studying time for me.

Fiancée is working until 10PM tonight, so I can get some hours in after work, she's in work by 630am tomorrow, so I will probably get an hour in tomorrow, then she's working all weekend. This weekend is a perfect opportunity to get cracking.

Living with someone has meant I've had to rethink how and when I get my studying in, and I've finally started learning how to make my study time about Quality, not Quantity.

When I lived at home I would spend entire evenings in front of the computer and I could easily get 2/3 hours done, but it wasn't exactly good quality.

Nowadays I have to make the best of the time when it comes..