IronPort Certified Security Professional

Finished the Cisco IronPort Certified Security Professional ICSP-Email security. More information can be found at https://training.ironport.com/ICSP.html. Basically decided to earn the certification because my employer paid.

Preparation: I have about a year experience with multiple Ironport appliances within a financial enterprise. Took the Basic and Advanced Ironport 3 Day Course. About 2 weeks of additional studying.

Review: Need strong hands on experience with Cisco Ironport appliance. This is a cisco exam so dont be fooled, it is challenging! Need to take the course and have deployment experience to pass the exam. Ok back to CISSP...> :D
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulation good luck with CCISP and CCIE
  • jmcbabujmcbabu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Chivalry1 wrote: »
    Finished the Cisco IronPort Certified Security Professional ICSP-Email security. More information can be found at https://training.ironport.com/ICSP.html. Basically decided to earn the certification because my employer paid.

Preparation: I have about a year experience with multiple Ironport appliances within a financial enterprise. Took the Basic and Advanced Ironport 3 Day Course. About 2 weeks of additional studying.

Review: Need strong hands on experience with Cisco Ironport appliance. This is a cisco exam so dont be fooled, it is challenging! Need to take the course and have deployment experience to pass the exam. Ok back to CISSP...> :D

Hey Dude,

Any idea about Ironport ICSP exam question and answer pattern. How many questions are there in ICSP exam and how much we need to score if we need to pass in this exam..
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    jmcbabu wrote: »
    Any idea about Ironport ICSP exam question and answer pattern. How many questions are there in ICSP exam and how much we need to score if we need to pass in this exam..

having looked at the site I can't see any info on the actual exam, so I cant imagine chiv will be able to answer these without breaking the NDA.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Sorry I don't wont to break any Cisco NDA. To be honest I cant even remember (I have taken alot of test since)!! I know that a combination of Email administration, Ironport Deployment, Management and Configuration experience helped greatly in passing the exam.

My recommendation would be to take the courses since they provide you with study guides.

I would say passing the exam was a benefit because many large corporations are utilizing Cisco Ironport. Seeing that I have worked with and deployed many spam appliances/hosted solutions (Postini, MessageLabs, MXLogic)...Ironport is the winner hands down!! I get ZERO spam on my messaging network!

Good Luck!!
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)