is this for real?

guys,

i have reading the MS Books for this exam, the first 6 chapters are just repetition from previous exams i took, mainly 70-291. when will this monster start biting already?

what should i lookout for?
Working on CCNP 642-813 and finishing off MCSA.

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is a lot of carryover from 291 (DNS and RRAS, in particular), but NLB, Clustering, and PKI will be new material.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tndfr wrote: »
    guys,

i have reading the MS Books for this exam, the first 6 chapters are just repetition from previous exams i took, mainly 70-291. when will this monster start biting already?

what should i lookout for?
    Yeah I snoozed through the first couple chapters. Wait til you get to clustering though. I swear the first 15 questions on my exam were all about clustering.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely pay attention to clustering. Why and how to set it up. Study up on NLB as well. I found the 293 to be boring until about chapter 6 or 7.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've also heard bad things about the MS Press book for 293. The Syngress book was highly recommended by several people on here back when I was preparing for it.

I ended up using CBT Nuggets and my home lab a lot more than the book, but it's something to keep in mind.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I believe there is also some IPsec stuff in there if I recall correctly. I thought this exam was much tougher than the 291, so don't be fooled by the amount of carry over material.

I would not bother with the MS Press book for the 293, it's pretty bad. The Syngress book was way better. Unfortunately I failed pretty bad by trying to rely on the MS Press book. I then switched to the Syngress book and passed.

The other and probably most important thing you can do is lab it up as much as possible. I can't stress this enough.

Good luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Yes, there is a lot of overlap from 291. I took it last summer and failed and my second shot ran out. I did use the MS Press book and it was horrible. Usually their books are long but informative.

I will be using the material from here, Syngress, Testout, CBTnuggets, and Transcender. I have used all of those before and they have helped in passing the other exams. You may want to try some of those resources.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!