Starting Sec+ Studies with Darril's book

jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
I asked for this study guide for Christmas, because of the great reviews here. I will begin studies today. I took the assessment exam and got 40/78.

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I asked for this study guide for Christmas, because of the great reviews here. I will begin studies today. I took the assessment exam and got 40/78.

Glad Santa was kind to you.

I'd like to stress that the answers are as valuable as the questions. Each question has an explanation of why the right answer is right and why the wrong answer is wrong. If you understand the answers for both practice exams and the questions at the end of the chapters, you'll be well prepared to pass the first time.

Good luck.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Tip of day Tweets
  • kasiechaoskasiechaos Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Glad Santa was kind to you.

I'd like to stress that the answers are as valuable as the questions. Each question has an explanation of why the right answer is right and why the wrong answer is wrong. If you understand the answers for both practice exams and the questions at the end of the chapters, you'll be well prepared to pass the first time.

Good luck.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Tip of day Tweets

Do they have this book at the Barnes and Noble?
    kasiechaos wrote: »
    Do they have this book at the Barnes and Noble?

I wish they did, but unfortunately the book isn't carried by Barnes and Noble. Amazon is the best source and you can also get it through the sy0-201.com site.

After teaching the course to a couple hundred students I knew I could write an effective book to help others take and pass this exam the first time they took it. Even though I'd published several successful technical books with some big publishers, they already had Security+ books. I decided to self-publish and it's next to impossible to get a self-published book into established chains. Despite the limited distribution channels, I'm happy that it is reaching so many people and helping them pass this exam.

No matter what book(s) you go with, good luck with your studies.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ blog
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    I'll pick up your book, I was wanting to take the triple array of CompTIA certs this year because my school pays for it

Network+
    A+
    Security+

I have Mike Meyers book already for A+ but it's Third Edition
    Network+ I have Todd Lammle's book

for Security+ i'll have your book

don't let me down!
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    Selfmade wrote: »
    I'll pick up your book, I was wanting to take the triple array of CompTIA certs this year because my school pays for it

Network+
    A+
    Security+

I have Mike Meyers book already for A+ but it's Third Edition
    Network+ I have Todd Lammle's book

for Security+ i'll have your book

don't let me down!

It's helping a lot of people master these concepts and pass the Security+ the first time they take it. I'm sure it'll help you too.

Good luck in your studies.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    great, I see it on Amazon, I'm going to pick up a copy for myself and my friend too, our goal is to become security consultants one day, towards that end

CCNA ----> A+ ----> CCNA Security/Security+ (they will both overlap a good deal)
    > CCSP! Then maybe CCNP, but CCSP is the primary goal

thanks for writing the book, I'll let you know my opinions on it, planning on ordering it next Thursday
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.