Passed ICND2 !!!

416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally a CCNA !!!
passed with an 849, not the best score but I'm happy it's under my belt!

Time to move on to Security+ and at the same time keeping an eye on what'll happen to the new CCNP =D

Comments

• Aragon1Aragon1 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.. Enjoy..
  • GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • restryktrestrykt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nicely, congrats...
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    <-- is jealous , congrats !!icon_cheers.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Niiiice, passing the CCNA felt really good I bet!
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! Be sure to celebrate drunken_smilie.gif this weekend!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass, what is next?
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, what is next?

Either Security+ or CCNP

I see that you have your BCMSN and attempting your BSCI in the next couple of days, do you have a lab at home? and if so what's your set up? =)
    416_guy wrote: »
    Either Security+ or CCNP

I see that you have your BCMSN and attempting your BSCI in the next couple of days, do you have a lab at home? and if so what's your set up? =)

I do have a lab at home. I mainly use dynamips on my machine though. But, my setup right now is a 2611xm, (2) 2650xm's, a 1721 router, and a 2950 switch. I have been wanting to add a layer 3 switch but haven't had the cash at the moment. I plan to move on to ONT after I pass Monday :)

Security+ you could probably knock out pretty quick. A guy I know did it in eight weeks by studying the book. It just depends where you want to go next.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jride89jride89 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently working towards some MS certs but am definitely in the hunt for CCNA. How long did you prepare for this exam. What resources did you utilize? What was your background prior to this exam? Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    Congratulations !!!!
    jride89 wrote: »
    I am currently working towards some MS certs but am definitely in the hunt for CCNA. How long did you prepare for this exam. What resources did you utilize? What was your background prior to this exam? Any feedback would be appreciated.

It took me about 6 months of good solid studying, averaging an hour a day. Using resources such as CBT nuggets (Jeremy Cioara is awsome!), Todd Lammle's 6th edition CCNA Study Guide, and using packet tracer to lab things out.

I have background in troubleshooting PC's locally but nothing on the level of what I've learned on CCNA. So I hope to use this as a stepping stone to get my foot in the door for a networking career.

edit: This forum is packed with resources, just make sure to search and use the right key word and you'll get your answer.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Congrats on the accomplishment :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
    It took me about 6 months of good solid studying, averaging an hour a day. Using resources such as CBT nuggets (Jeremy Cioara is awsome!), Todd Lammle's 6th edition CCNA Study Guide, and using packet tracer to lab things out.

I have background in troubleshooting PC's locally but nothing on the level of what I've learned on CCNA. So I hope to use this as a stepping stone to get my foot in the door for a networking career.

Just wait until you get to CCNP :p You think you learned a lot in CCNA, strap your belt your in for a ride. LOL just kidding it isn't that bad but you learn a good bit more.
    Thanks guys!!! =)
    Just wait until you get to CCNP :p You think you learned a lot in CCNA, strap your belt your in for a ride. LOL just kidding it isn't that bad but you learn a good bit more.

I am looking forward to Cisco's announcement and see what their adding/dropping on the new CCNP and yes let me strap on my belt LOL =P
    Thanks guys!!! =)

I am looking forward to Cisco's announcement and see what their adding/dropping on the new CCNP and yes let me strap on my belt LOL =P

I am as well. I'm looking to get my other tests done before the change would take effect, depending on when that is for self-study individuals, so it may not effect me any. But, I am curious to see which direction they are going. From what my friend said before the CCNP was just routing and switching, then they moved to putting all the extra stuff in it. He was laughing when I told him rumor was they may be removing some of it.