A+ Score

IrishManIrishMan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,
Just wondering if test score means anything, or is it pretty much just pass/fail? Also, any study tips/resources would be much appreciated.

Thanks kindly!

Comments

• lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Pass with 600 or pass with 900 and you get the same cert.

As for tips, complement your studies with hands-on experience.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the score does not appear on your certificate.
    A+ Moderator
  • paul_douglas_83paul_douglas_83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello there,

I was just wondering if theres anyway to work out your pass mark as a percentage? If the pass mark is 600 and you know that the pass rate is say .... 70% surely you can work out the average of your full score. Ive tried to do it a few times and its got me confused. Just passed both exams within the past month, failed the O/S first time and sat it again.

Good luck to everyone

a well worth qualification

Paul :P
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Impossible with adaptive testing.
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Unless you were able to find out exactly which questions you got wrong/write and each individual questions' value.

But then that would be one score for that individual exam. The next person to come in and thereafter cannot compare their exam score to yours because they will received different questions, different order, etc...

But you'll never find out which specific ?'s you got wrong nor their value. The only thing you will ever know is which areas you need to study more icon_wink.gif
    P42GDell wrote:
    Unless you were able to find out exactly which questions you got wrong/write and each individual questions' value.
    Which you can't... icon_wink.gif
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    The weight of each question is a factor also.

I'm curious about this bit of adaptive testing:

Lets say your first question is in the networking domain. Will your next q come from the same area? Or will the test jump to printers, installation, then return to networking afterwards?
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
    The "weight" of each question is what i was referring to when I said "value" icon_wink.gif

I am almost certain that if you get a question wrong in one area, its almost gauranteed that the next question or two will be related somewhat to that one you previously got wrong!

Correct me if I am wrong anyone please icon_cool.gif
    I am almost certain that if you get a question wrong in one area, its almost gauranteed that the next question or two will be related somewhat to that one you previously got wrong.

I'm not sure if it will always be the next one, but guaranteed you will get a more difficult question about the same topic or at least related to it, later on in the exam... if you got it wrong...

But if you answered it correctly, you might get another question at the same level, or higher, depending how much the exam objectives' domain weights... ... I guess icon_rolleyes.gif

It's like a black box of which the content will remain undisclosed. I think to fully understand it you will need a developer that created an adaptive test engine to explain...
    Yeah I would love to see how they go about developing them.

Thats why its important to do a lot of icon_study.gif
  • paul_douglas_83paul_douglas_83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for clearing that up guys, we had a day long debate about it in the office!

Cheerz the noo!

Paul :P