Options

wrk exp

nangananga Member Posts: 201
ok now i waited waited and waited..............and now CEH has one to show 2 years of work exp icon_sad.gif...anythought of what i can do. my job dosent have security in it.

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    nanga wrote: »
    ok now i waited waited and waited..............and now CEH has one to show 2 years of work exp icon_sad.gif...anythought of what i can do. my job dosent have security in it.

You could just take the online course. That bypasses the requirement but it's something like $4,000.
  • Options
    yes...but thats a little too much to ask ........i was all excited to study and switch jobs now..................this is so ridiculous !......unethical guys dont require a work ex....but ethical guys do !!!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just send them your resume and other education you've done and explain why you think you qualify. There must be some elements of security in your job, so highlight those.
  • Options
    aaha..dynamic that was motivating...i think i can do that....sometime u are so upset ..u just cant think out of the box !!!
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    dynamik wrote: »
    Just send them your resume and other education you've done and explain why you think you qualify. There must be some elements of security in your job, so highlight those.

This! Write down what books you have read, any certifications you have, any security groups you have joined/attended, what websites you read.. just be up front and honest.

Even if you reset passwords, do backups, configure ACLs on routers.. that is security.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    nanga wrote: »
    ......unethical guys dont require a work ex....but ethical guys do !!!!
    If unethical guys want to earn a living then they need work experience too. Getting a job is the same game on either side of the line.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If unethical guys want to earn a living then they need work experience too. Getting a job is the same game on either side of the line.

There is a lot of truth in that statement.
  • Options
    WebWideJoshWebWideJosh Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What do they need to see in the letter of experience? I apparently need to provide one.

Will they not take other experience instead of a letter? I believe the CISSP requires more experience than the CEH.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just write a few paragraphs that introduces yourself and outlines your experience; it doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Include a resume and provide a reference or two. You won't have any problems.

And yes, the CEH only requires two years of experience while the CISSP requires 4-5.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    dynamik wrote: »
    Just write a few paragraphs that introduces yourself and outlines your experience; it doesn't have to be anything elaborate. Include a resume and provide a reference or two. You won't have any problems.

And yes, the CEH only requires two years of experience while the CISSP requires 4-5.

... and also make sure to include a copy of your drivers license with the application.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    down77 wrote: »
    ... and also make sure to include a copy of your drivers license with the application.
    ID is only needed when taking the exam, not when submitting the endorsement papers.