Scared

Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I'm studying for the 294 exam with transender.
I'm scared. I took the 270, 290 exam and it didnt scare me.
but this crap scares me.
Please tell me the actual exam isnt this hard.

Comments

• TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    I actually can't wait to get to get to this exam icon_cool.gif. I think I feel that way because I feel I am strong with ADS. From some of the posts I been seeing they say it's not that tough of an exam. That it's a lot like 290, except it goes further into detail of AD management of users/groups, Trusts and being quite heavy on GPO's. Just brush up on the objectives and keep at the Trancender and you should do fine :D
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Transcender version of 70-294 is pretty much in line with the actual test.

Why are you jumping from 290 to 294? AD relies heavily on DNS, and DNS is covered in depth in 291.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Be very afraid... :)

I would recommend that you take a look at the postings in the 294 forums. There are plenty of posts of members sharing their experiences (myself included). That should give you a good feel of how to prepare for this guy.

to piggyback on bwcarty, it is a tad unorthodox to take 294 prior to 291. That and 291 would be your last exam for the MCSA. Either way, good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    bwcarty wrote: »
    The Transcender version of 70-294 is pretty much in line with the actual test.

Why are you jumping from 290 to 294? AD relies heavily on DNS, and DNS is covered in depth in 291.

I'm going to 294 becasue my MCSE instructor (a genious) says that taking the 294, 293, 291, 297 in that order because the previous tests makes the 291 (the beast) easier to understand and pass.
    I hope he's right and I've taken his advice. I guess that I have a really really tuff time with bridge head servers. I need to really sit down and figure out what is going on with bridge head servers. I thought I understood bridgehead servers but I'm not answering the questions correctly. I have confident in myself but I just hate learning things and finding out that I was wrong or missunderstood. icon_cry.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I actually enjoyed this exam. You absolutely must do some hands-on in preparation, unless you do this on a daily basis.
    Know GPO's inside and out, know the AD structure, the master roles, how to transfer them, why you would transfer them. The questions aren't that difficult, you just really need to READ them. I would start with the bottom part of the question, read the answers, then read the question. A lot of MS is filler.
    Super 99. I would not worry much about bridgehead servers for this exam. you will mostly see GPOs, etc.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed this exam. You absolutely must do some hands-on in preparation, unless you do this on a daily basis.
    Know GPO's inside and out, know the AD structure, the master roles, how to transfer them, why you would transfer them. The questions aren't that difficult, you just really need to READ them. I would start with the bottom part of the question, read the answers, then read the question. A lot of MS is filler.
    Super 99. I would not worry much about bridgehead servers for this exam. you will mostly see GPOs, etc.

I know GPOs but not in and out like the break out of what belongs where etc etc.
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I would agree with your first comments - be afraid. I have taken and passed 70-290, 291, 293, 294 and 270 and I thought that 294 was the most confusing test of the 5. The questions all seemed to be VERY quirky even though I had spent a good 2 months preparing. I actually thought that 293 was a longer and harder test, but 294 had some very confusing questions.

I used MS Press and Preplogic and searched for as many study tips as I could find. I would definitely work as many questions as possible. The questions on the MS Press book CD were similar to the actual test.

You need to know GPO's, all of the AD windows inside and out, and all of the sections of security policy (computer and user areas). Also know as much as possible on windows installer.

Good luck. I was VERY happy to get this one done.
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    One other comment - I would recommend taking at least 291 and preferably 293 before taking 294. I did the tests in this order and it made 294 much easier. Even though 291 is called the beast I actually found it to be the easiest of the tests.