CCENT Exam cram

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I found a copy of this book, a first edition published in 2007. Does anyone know when the CCENT was last updated? Will this be a good addition to my studies?

Comments

• mmartinez85mmartinez85 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just get the official Cisco book. I'm admittedly a person who will take shortcuts when possible. I ordered that Exam Cram book, read through it, and still didn't feel like it prepared me for the exam.

I ended up ordering the Cisco Press book and postponing the test 3 weeks until I had time to absorb all the material.

In short, the Cisco book is a lot more thorough and explain things in more detail.

If you have a lot of Cisco experience, the Exam Cram book might do it for you. But if you're like me and have only minimal Cisco experience, the official Cisco book will be what you wanna get. It's a lot more thorough and takes time to break down some of the key concepts you'll need to understand to pass the test.

Plus it's approved by Cisco, so you know that if you study and know the stuff in the book, there's no way you can go wrong.
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Amazon.com: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Edition (9781587201820): Wendell Odom: Books

there you go :) the Cisco Press ICND1 by Wendell Odom.

There is also a second part, the ICND2 by Wendell Odom that is for obviously.. the second test to get your CCNA.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have the Odom book, albeit at home. I just benefit from a different method of learning occasionally. I read some of the odom book, The Bryant and CBTN videos, and I liked the Bryant videos the best.

What I really enjoyed was picking up the CCNA exam cram book and looking at the questions, and seeing that I knew the answer to some of the questions, which means, at least to me that I am studying well. I hope to use this CCNT EC the same way. We'll see :)
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    SephStorm wrote: »
    What I really enjoyed was picking up the CCNA exam cram book and looking at the questions, and seeing that I knew the answer to some of the questions, which means, at least to me that I am studying well. I hope to use this CCNT EC the same way. We'll see :)

The Exam Cram book can also be used as a good "warm-up" before tackling the Odom book. At least with the Exam Cram, all the major concepts will be covered to some degree and you will know what to expect from the Odom. Then you'll be able to focus on the details and answer any questions (as you probably will have) from when you were reading the Exam Cram.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    don't forget to use the practice exams that come with Odom's books, they are harder than the actual exam!

if you can do well on his practice exams, you can book the exam and be assured of passing, don't get a false sense of security though, you have to be able to pass his exams only after you've reviewed throughly

His exams have a lot of critical thinking on them and if you can work with that, then the actual exam is cake.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.