Starting this Today

13»

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Mission accomplished. Passed with a clean sheet, 1000/1000. I'll write a bit more about it tomorrow once I've recovered (sobered up)

congrats icon_smile.gif and totally nuked it id say lol enjoy the drink
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy the Celebration drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Great work on the clean sheet:D Whats next?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mission accomplished. Passed with a clean sheet, 1000/1000. I'll write a bit more about it tomorrow once I've recovered (sobered up)

Cool. Hopefully in 11 days I will say the same.
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    Great work on the clean sheet:D Whats next?
    Thanks for all the support.

Not sure what to do next though, I am tempted to consider the CCNA Wireless to complete all the CCNAs. Only thing that is putting me off the lab requirements. I find it much easier to lab everything out when studying but I can't afford all the gear.

CCNP seems like the next logical thing to have a go at but my timing isn't great with the new CCNP curriculum romoured to be announced in a few weeks.

But first I think I will have to desert the Cisco camp and consider a Microsoft cert - Configuring SharePoint. Reason being I did the course 18 months ago and the exam is allready paid for. Please don't hold it against meicon_redface.gif

EDIT : A wrote a few words on the security exam and prep on my blog http://www.caerffili.co.uk/2010/01/ccna-security-passed.html
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
    Thanks for all the support.

Not sure what to do next though, I am tempted to consider the CCNA Wireless to complete all the CCNAs. Only thing that is putting me off the lab requirements. I find it much easier to lab everything out when studying but I can't afford all the gear.

CCNP seems like the next logical thing to have a go at but my timing isn't great with the new CCNP curriculum romoured to be announced in a few weeks.

But first I think I will have to desert the Cisco camp and consider a Microsoft cert - Configuring SharePoint. Reason being I did the course 18 months ago and the exam is allready paid for. Please don't hold it against meicon_redface.gif

EDIT : A wrote a few words on the security exam and prep on my blog A brief history of...: CCNA Security Passed

About you blog post

CNSS 4011 Training Standard - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NICE!!!!!! Congrats on your pass! Good luck with the Sharepoint Stuff!

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done on the pass.

got mine on thursday (to be honest not 1000 but nearly)

wish i have found this forum before. but going to make sure i make full use of it for my CCNP
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Finishing studying tonight as my router decides to take a nap. Won't boot into the IOS. Had to ninja my way through rommon and get it to boot from my other router. Not fun but Hopefully I will be able to make my VPN tunnels work tonight. Also I wanted to hit the IOS firewall , AAA and syslogging before I hit the bed. Fun times.
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    i was reading elsewhere that Cisco knows the lab requirements are prohibitive for the CCNA Wireless, but they made it so you can pass their exam as long as you have the right reading materials and you're able to know what the commands are and what the configurations do

I don't imagine it would be THAT hard especially with as well as you've studied so far

maybe try reading the material, and then take some practice exams and see if that's some good information or not.

You could try using dynamips to simulate the hardware if possible.

I'm positive you can do this, you're highly motivated, don't let up once your self-imposed break ends.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Dude there is no way I could do all of that. I can only concentrate on one piece of study material at a time, or one "subject" should I say. I wouldn't recommend reading that ISCW just yet. If you plan to do CCNP, I would go the BCMSN or BSCI first. That is if you can do them before they announce the change. The announcement should be coming soon. ISCW is going away along with the ONT. CCNP is going to ROUTE, SWITCH, TSHOOT. I would concentrate on the other stuff you are doing, wait for the announcement, and then decide if you want to go to CCNP. I take my BSCI tomorrow. I am trying to get done ISCW and ONT before they would be faded out. So, we will see how tomorrow goes and I'll gauge it from there. I should be able to handle it.
    Yeah, I'm eager to hear the offical CCNP statement to see where we stand. There is no way I would complete the CCNP by July so it is safer to wait and do something else instead. Hopefully as soon as I finish the MS Sharepoint cert I will have a shiny new set of CCNP books waiting for me based on the new blueprints. Either that or CCNA Wireless. Can't wait, I'm missing my Cisco lab, I look at it fondly every time I walk past iticon_sad.gif

Good luck on the BSCI tomorrow.

knwminus wrote: »
    Finishing studying tonight as my router decides to take a nap. Won't boot into the IOS. Had to ninja my way through rommon and get it to boot from my other router. Not fun but Hopefully I will be able to make my VPN tunnels work tonight. Also I wanted to hit the IOS firewall , AAA and syslogging before I hit the bed. Fun times.
    I bet that is the last thing you needed. Everyone should do an IOS recovery at some point but not 5 days before an exam icon_wink.gif

I bet that is the last thing you needed. Everyone should do an IOS recovery at some point but not 5 days before an exam icon_wink.gif

Yea I ended up scrapping the router. I will work on it later. TFTPing from rommon is pretty interesting and I picked up some rommom commands I had never used before.

At any rate I was able to do ipsec vpn from the command line and AAA before I crashed. I plan to do IPSec from the SDM, syslogging, IDS/IPS, notes review and transcendering before the end of the day. I will probably do layer 2 security as well ( I don't have to work on monday).