Options

getting back to ICND2 studies

jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys
I've been reading here and posting on here for a while but i think this is the first time i've posted anything in this forum. So my question is i have acquired 3 cisco 2524 routers off of ebay. And i am now looking to acquire some switches and was wondering what i need in terms of routers and switches to continue on with the CCNP later this year. The routers are currently running IOS 12.3 according to the show ver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much for reading

Comments

• Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    jwedlund wrote: »
    Hey guys
    I've been reading here and posting on here for a while but i think this is the first time i've posted anything in this forum. So my question is i have acquired 3 cisco 2524 routers off of ebay. And i am now looking to acquire some switches and was wondering what i need in terms of routers and switches to continue on with the CCNP later this year. The routers are currently running IOS 12.3 according to the show ver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys so much for reading

I would recommend getting yourself some type of a 2600XM router. It depends on your budget. You can pick up 2650xm's for about $110 with free shipping from a dude named Brandon on Ebay from a tech sales company. I can't remember the name of the company. You can also get a 2610xm for $90 last time I checked. I would recommend the 2650xm's you could use these to go on to the CCNP. Good luck with your ICND2 studies and future CCNP studies. Keep up to date on the changes so you can plan accordingly.
  • Options
    jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alright it looks like i'll be trying to acquire some 2600XM routers when i get paid again from my independent contracting job. i don't know when that will be though so it looks like i'll be waiting till then. Still searching for switches on ebay. I only spent like $80 including shipping on 3 2500 routers so i think that is a good deal what do you guys think