Bgp+mpls 986/1000

jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed this exam today. I am so glad I did the combo exam, thus saving the money. I definitely was prepared for this thing, but having about 5+ months of preparatory study for it, made a huge difference. If finances would have cooperated, I would have taken it sooner, but, alas, life is life...

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff. Here were my study materials:

Cisco.Press.Configuring.BGP.StudentGuide.v.3.2.Vol.1.pdf
Cisco.Press.CCIP.BGP.Configuring.BGP.on.Cisco.Routers.v3.2.Vol.2.2005.pdf
BGP_Design_-_Cisco.pdf
Routing TCPIP, Volume II (CCIE Professional Development series) (Kindle Edition).pdf
MPLS22_InstructorCD
Cisco.Press.MPLS.Fundamentals.Nov.2006.pdf
Cisco Press - MPLS and VPN Architectures(2000).chm
Cisco Press - MPLS and VPN Architectures Volume II(2003).pdf
The Foundation GAP CCNP to CCIE
norbik_Soup_2_Nuts
CBT Nuggets - CCIE R&S (BGP videos)
GNS3

This test definitely hit on the exam topics, while not hitting on others I assumed would get hammered. This was my 10th Cisco exam and I still wonder where they come up with some of the questions...

Cisco Test Writer 1: You think this is a good question?
Cisco Test Writer 2: I don't know. I've read it three times and don't know what the hell it's asking.
Cisco Test Writer 1: Perfect.

All I have left to be a full-fledged CCIP is the QoSimoto exam, which I hope is quick and painless to prepare for, being that I already made love to the Wendell Odom book a few times and watched the 642-642 CBT videos while studying for the ONT over a year ago. While the ONT was my closest touch with failing (passed by 1 question...), I did get a 94% on the DiffServ portion of that, which offset my wireless futility. Stupid damn wirelesss...

Anyway, good luck to all of those about to take this exam!
policy-map type inspect TACO
class type inspect BELL
drop log

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your QoS studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    well done :) good luck with QoS.... alot of theory to take in and definitley don't under estimate it! seems like CCIP passes are picking up :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, as a question I passed it a week ago. I thought it was a fair test but I think it needs to be updated.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Congrats on the pass. Sounds like you were able to download plenty of copyrighted material to help you along. Good luck on QoS.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Sounds like you were able to download plenty of copyrighted material to help you along. Good luck on QoS.

lol now that's funny
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393

thread winner right here
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101

thank goodness for the internetz :) If I had to buy all my books and videos.. well.. I might not be doing anything at all!
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• jezg76jezg76 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□

I accept your snide remark as punishment for my inability to afford obtaining the resources needed to better myself in the eyes of Cisco. For that, I will always be a lesser man than you.

I am extremely jealous of your self-righteousness, as I know people absolutely have to love being around someone with your moral center. When you're done reading this I highly suggest you rush outside and help that old lady across the street or save that cute kitty from being stuck in your neighbor's tree.

Have a great day, kind Sir!
    policy-map type inspect TACO
    class type inspect BELL
    drop log
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    jezg76 wrote: »
    I accept your snide remark as punishment for my inability to afford obtaining the resources needed to better myself in the eyes of Cisco. For that, I will always be a lesser man than you.

I am extremely jealous of your self-righteousness, as I know people absolutely have to love being around someone with your moral center. When you're done reading this I highly suggest you rush outside and help that old lady across the street or save that cute kitty from being stuck in your neighbor's tree.

Uhm, dude, we tend to keep things on the up and up around here. You really don't have a leg to stand on.

At least you didn't post any filenames that were **** pdf's. That would have really set off a firestorm
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    jezg76 wrote: »

haha don't worry buddy, I was just bustin' your balls. Im sure we can all admit to having some kind of material (songs, movies, books, etc) on our drives that didn't go through a purchase.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    hm sure we can all admit to having some kind of material (songs, movies, books, etc) on our drives that didn't go through a purchase.

only stuff I'm holding as an offsite back up or evaluation off..... honest gov! GRIN

OP congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    only stuff I'm holding as an offsite back up or evaluation off..... honest gov! GRIN

OP congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

I built a 4 TB array and filled it up with pictures of kittens and muffins.

True story.