This is awesome !!! Congrats =)
    Obtained: A+, MCSE03, CCNA & CCNP

Coming Soon: Juniper ...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, congrats on passing the JNCIP, and good luck with the JNCIE. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • redboynonoredboynono Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations! ....
  • yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey hoogen82 congratulations!

I just passed JNCIP yesterday and I do agree with you since I am so happy and feeling accomplished

I also noticed you are in Mountain view, which is same as me. And I am working on the JNCIE-M, maybe we may study and help each other for preparing the test.
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    That is really cool... Yeah I live in Mountain View.. :)
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    yren wrote: »
    I just passed JNCIP
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks! I am still too happy to concentrate on studying JNCIE right now
    The test was harder than I expected And I did not have enough time to check everything. Thanks God
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    yren wrote: »
    I just passed JNCIP yesterday and I do agree with you since I am so happy and feeling accomplished

Awesome job! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • densmadensma Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i meant like in Juniper JNCIP lab exam.
    can you telnet to peers, transit routers to do some check?
    e.g this ebgp question from case study

Ensure that transit providers use the r6 peering link when forwarding traffic to customer destinations without setting MED on r3.

on my test bed. if i prepend 2 AS. Transit routers to C1 still prefer R3. i have to do at least 3 AS prepending or with origin incomplete to get transit to prefer R6.
    task like this requires access to transit router for verification.
    or does anyone knows how to verify above task without access to transit routers?

zoidberg wrote: »
    How do you mean? In the certification lab? In our practice labs? Or in our jobs?

- cert lab... not sure how much i can say, but when you look at the m/t series track, it is completely geared towards building a fully functional service provider network, so.... fill in the blanks :)

- practice labs... not any real ones. would be overkill for practice, and actually potentially catastrophic if that's a real life ebgp peer. i had enough routers in my practice lab to setup any policies and route exchanges that may apply to a peer, customer, or transit session. it's not the volume of routes you need to worry about it, it what's you do with them. i guess two advantages of practicing with a huge routing table is to see what happens when you make mistakes. that and teach you patience. waiting for a huge bgp table to propigate your network seems like an eternity in a lab exam, but you don't want to jump the gun and start resetting things or changing config when all you really need is to sit back and give it another 45 seconds :P

- real life... tons ;)
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Well I hope this doesn't get me into too much trouble... In the lab only DC can be telnet too.. and probably you can do some verification... Rest of the routers no access.. Well think of it this way.. You do not control routers on other people's AS.. You only control your AS... You won't be even able to ping them...

I am not sure if that is a case study question or something... But my guess is the show advertising-protocol/recieve-protocol bgp should be able tell you all that you need...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.