Last day recommendations for BSCI

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hey guys,

My BSCI is tomorrow @ 1:00 PM. Does anyone have any last minute lab, reading, test, preparation questions for me. I'm pretty nervous. But that is nothing normal because I've been nervous on all my Cisco tests up to this point :p The exam room is another story too, I'm usually worse. I was pretty calm on the BCMSN other than having to take a leak REALLY REALLY BAD. I was like OMG, I gotta go. Thank god the instructor locked my machine and let me go pee. I lost time having to do it but at least I could concentrate. So, I'm not going to drink anything an hour or two before I go in.

Comments

• GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the very best on the exam. Kick ass! :)
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    GiddyG wrote: »
    All the very best on the exam. Kick ass! :)

LOL Thanks. I completed the Lab guide, read the text, watched Train Signal videos. I guess I just gotta wait and see how tomorrow goes! Can't wait to move on to ONT.
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Good luck ;)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Best of luck Bill. Take that test like you don't need the money.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • sandpipersandpiper Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took a deep breath before the BSCI and squeaked by. Yea its hard, but obviously passable. I found that if you aren't 100% sure about an answer, you can always rule out 2 of the answers that are totally wrong.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

PS... After you pass tomorrow, I'll race you to finish the ISCW and ONT before the deadline!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Get a good nights sleep, and don't do any last minute cramming. Eat a good breakfast.

And relax. If you don't know the material by now, then trying to cram it into your brain hours before the exam won't help. Worrying about it won't help either. You can take comfort in the fact that the die is cast, and there's nothing further you can do but go in and take the exam.
    sandpiper,

Sounds good lol. Have you already been studying your other material? Which exam are you taking next? I was planning on doing ONT after the BSCI today. Which would mean me doing BCMSN, BSCI, ONT, then ISCW. Still not sure on that though.

Mike and Forsaken. Thank you guys, you're always so encouraging. I got about nine hours of sleep last night. I'm getting ready to eat something for breakfast. No cramming today, I vogue on the CCNA and my BCMSN no studying the day of the exam because I know it would probably hurt me more than help me. I'm going in with a positive attitude, trying to remain calm, and coming out a winner :)
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    you can do it....
    icon_cheers.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    nine hours of sleep last night.
    Nine hours sleep before an exam, usually I manage only about 5 if lucky.

Good luck!!
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Good luck, let us know how you did.
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :)
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the weekend off and took my wife to the movies. I plan to start reading tongiht. I decided to work towards the ISCW first because I really enjoy the topics I covers; a nice chang of pace from the wireless stuff in the BCMSN.

E
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you remember to chill any beverages you may need for a celebration?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    No celebration guys. I failed the exam. I got a 783 needed 790 or higher to pass. So, I missed by 7 freaking points to pass the exam. Better luck next time I guess. I gotta wait until the 31st then I can take the exam again. Going to take it in a week or two another time. I have to be honest and say that was the hardest test I have ever taken in my entire life. Two of my sims, made no sense the way they were worded, and no matter what I did on the sim it didn't fix the issues that were requested of me. So, I'll review some stuff in the text, do some labbing and then go at a second try.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    No celebration guys. I failed the exam.

Dont worry brother, you'll kill it next time. This exam has beat alot of people, including myself. It is difficult. Just hit your weak areas, and knock it out on the 6th!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement man. Yes, this definitely is a tough one. The toughest so far that I have taken. So, I'll hit some areas labbing that I want to brush up on, and then go at it again.
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Next time, man. You know exactly what you need to do now so you'll destroy it.

Word to the wise for everyone...I'm just throwing this out there, but I'd recommend knowing how to create virtual links in OSPF, and know it well.
    Yeah I have practiced them. Know how to create them, and how they work. I'm going to lab them some more too. Going to do a few more IPv6 labs as well. Also some redistribution labs. I've done them all because I did the exam lab portfolio. But, this was just a beast. I'll take it down the next time. When I pass next time, then I'll move on to the next one that I decide. I still want to try to get the ISCW and ONT done before the new cut off of July 31st. I know a few labs I want to practice now. But, next time I'll probably get totally different questions so we will see how it goes.

To be quite honest, what I have found with the BCMSN and now the BSCI, nothing prepares you for them. You can read the text, watch videos, do labs, but it is a different story when you get into that exam room. It comes down to applied knowledge on these exams.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    To be quite honest, what I have found with the BCMSN and now the BSCI, nothing prepares you for them. You can read the text, watch videos, do labs, but it is a different story when you get into that exam room. It comes down to applied knowledge on these exams.

...and that exactly it man! Thats whats so great about the Cisco exams.
    Man I hate that feeleing. When I took the BSCI I got half way through it and thought for sure I was going to have to take it again. I dont know how but I squeaked by.

I have no doubt that you'll pass it the next go round; everyone has gotten spanked atleast once by a Cisco exam, and the BSCI is a beast!
    sandpiper wrote: »
    Man I hate that feeleing. When I took the BSCI I got half way through it and thought for sure I was going to have to take it again. I dont know how but I squeaked by.

I have no doubt that you'll pass it the next go round; everyone has gotten spanked atleast once by a Cisco exam, and the BSCI is a beast!

Yeah man it is a beast. I had the feeling I was going to have to take it again. I did good though, even though I failed it gives me the confidence that I can review some areas, go back in and get it next time. Can't pass them all the first try. How do we think Cisco makes there money off all these tests? It isn't by people passing the first time every single time. :p 2/6/10 - Cisco and I meet again, we will see how the outcome goes. Either way it's just money, and I will get passed this exam, I'm not letting it phase me or steer me toward wanting to give up. I'm going to continue until I beat it. :)
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    the way they were worded

I noticed this on my ICSW exam I failed on 1/18/10. I feel better prepared now and so I am hoping I don't get into a hurry. It takes a lot of your time up just reading through the questions so there is not much of a margin of error you either can implement/troubleshoot or you can't.

7 points away that gives me the chills. Although I will probably do that same this Wednesday on my next ISCW attempt.

Keep at it and you will succeed. I failed the BSCI 1st time 690 and passed 890 the second time. So it can be done.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
    jeanathan wrote: »
    I noticed this on my ICSW exam I failed on 1/18/10. I feel better prepared now and so I am hoping I don't get into a hurry. It takes a lot of your time up just reading through the questions so there is not much of a margin of error you either can implement/troubleshoot or you can't.

7 points away that gives me the chills. Although I will probably do that same this Wednesday on my next ISCW attempt.

Keep at it and you will succeed. I failed the BSCI 1st time 690 and passed 890 the second time. So it can be done.

Definitely will do! 2nd attempt is 2/6. I'm going to lab a few areas that I wanted to be more confident in and then go at it again. 2nd times a charm :) LOL
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Man, that sucks. BSCI is brutal. I'm curious which sims you got. Mine weren't too bad, but I took it a year ago.

I'm sure you'll get it next week.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Missing it by 7 points hurts.

But yeah, BSCI is a pain. It teaches you respect for the certification and teaches you the most important thing you'll ever learn - there's no such thing as too much learning
    Missing it by 7 points hurts.

But yeah, BSCI is a pain. It teaches you respect for the certification and teaches you the most important thing you'll ever learn - there's no such thing as too much learning

Yes, it definitely does teach you respect as to respect the exam. I knew this exam was going to be extremely difficult, so I didn't underestimate it one bit. But, I'll prepare some more and go at it again. I'm not going to hold my head down. It's not like I'm the only one to ever fail it on the first go around. :p It just proves that my theory of the difficulty of this exam was correct. Let's just say that I'm going to lab OSPFv3 some more and Redistribution, that will give you an idea, but I'm not saying anything more than that :p But the way they word the sims definitely try to throw you off. They got me this time. Hopefully not the 2nd attempt though :) I said that I wished I had failed by more than 7 points, because the 7 points hurts because it was right there in my hands. But, oh well, next time will be better :)
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    You'll kill it next time, just do ALL the labs again, not just the ones you were short shrifted on, that way you will stay in practice on everything you did well on so you won't backslide, then focus a little more on your problem areas

that way you won't backslide, but you will have worked on your weaknesses more as well, I think that approach would do well. Also, don't just lab

take notes too and review your notes before you go to sleep the night before, studies have shown that the human brain remembers things extremely well if you read them just before you go to sleep
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    Two of my sims, made no sense the way they were worded,

i heard cisco's questions are "straight up, you either know it or you dont, no bullshiting around playing word games" type of questions, but i guess not quite...