Options

Can someone explain why that asked me to describe ipv6.

ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
I have to admit I haven' heard alot about the nep ipv6 but I was asked to pick the correct one on my test. I may be dumb but I chose the ipv4 answer cause I thought they were trying to trick me since I was def not prepared for this question and it was not in any of my study material. Am I wrong or right for not being prepared for this type of question?

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    They were justified in asking. You should be able to recognize an IPV6 address.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It is a valid question. The subject has been discussed for a few years now.

Do you understand the difference between IPV4 vs. IPV6?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    There is a VERY obvious difference. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Here is a thread that provides a little insight :)

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks for the feed back, I now understand the difference after reding up on it on the microsoft web site. But I guess I wasn't prepared for such a question since it really hasn''t been implemented yet. I should have went with my first answer damn it but theirs always next time. Thanks again.
  • Options
    You are welcome. So long as you know/understand about it now :)
    Plantwiz
    _____