interesting assignment in my critical thinking class(me = router)

jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
Ok my teacher said to ask others in the field for their input the assignment has to do with our field of study.

We're looking at analogies.

Basecly using a tool piece of equiptment in our field and develope an analogy.

My idea is comparing myself and my every day duties at work, and what not, as being similar to the actions of a router, and its protocols.

Like how a routing protocol will let other routers know of how activities and problems it sees on the network similar to a typical day at work, letting co-workers know how things are flowing, if theres problems.

Anyone got any good input?

I pretty much got an idea, but like my teacher said ask others. Sounds like a fun assignment!
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jjbrog wrote: »
    Ok my teacher said to ask others in the field for their input the assignment has to do with our field of study.

We're looking at analogies.

Basecly using a tool piece of equiptment in our field and develope an analogy.

My idea is comparing myself and my every day duties at work, and what not, as being similar to the actions of a router, and its protocols.

Like how a routing protocol will let other routers know of how activities and problems it sees on the network similar to a typical day at work, letting co-workers know how things are flowing, if theres problems.

Anyone got any good input?

I pretty much got an idea, but like my teacher said ask others. Sounds like a fun assignment!

Routing (obviously), network defense (acls and firewalls) and Routing protocols would be cool.