Passed: But let me clear the air...

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All,

Before I begin, I know thankyous are usually at the end of a post but I just have to express my gratitude to all of you on this site for the help and advise given during my study period.

Here is my full review of the Linux+ Comptia exam (2004 version).

Firstly let me say that I scored 890/900 and I still think it was the hardest exam I have ever sat. My resources were:

Linux+ Study Guide 3rd Edition
McGraw Hill Book (A must Read)
Ubuntu dual boot at home (By far, the reason that I paased)

Why was it hard? Without breaking my NDA I just want to express the fact that I got sooo many questions relating to hardware that had almost NOTHING to do with Linux. When Comptia said that a Network+ and an A+ would be recommended, they werent kidding...LOL

Things to Know:
Octal Permissions AND their Symbolic representations
User and Group Management
HARDWARE (I think im about 30% ready for the A+ just by sitting this exam)
RPM (know basic switches adding removing packages)
Iptables (The exam assumes your Cisco router died and all you were left with was linux to do your routing...)
Basic Linux Commands (Moving around in your linux system...env, ls, cd mkdir... you get what I mean...

So yeah, the exam was good, long and hard. I rate it a 7/10 in terms of difficulty. Now to update my profile and then on to the MCSA....Yipee...

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hi All,

Before I begin, I know thankyous are usually at the end of a post but I just have to express my gratitude to all of you on this site for the help and advise given during my study period.

Here is my full review of the Linux+ Comptia exam (2004 version).

Firstly let me say that I scored 890/900 and I still think it was the hardest exam I have ever sat. My resources were:

Linux+ Study Guide 3rd Edition
    McGraw Hill Book (A must Read)
    Ubuntu dual boot at home (By far, the reason that I paased)

Why was it hard? Without breaking my NDA I just want to express the fact that I got sooo many questions relating to hardware that had almost NOTHING to do with Linux. When Comptia said that a Network+ and an A+ would be recommended, they werent kidding...LOL

Things to Know:
    Octal Permissions AND their Symbolic representations
    User and Group Management
    HARDWARE (I think im about 30% ready for the A+ just by sitting this exam)
    RPM (know basic switches adding removing packages)
    Iptables (The exam assumes your Cisco router died and all you were left with was linux to do your routing...)
    Basic Linux Commands (Moving around in your linux system...env, ls, cd mkdir... you get what I mean...

So yeah, the exam was good, long and hard. I rate it a 7/10 in terms of difficulty. Now to update my profile and then on to the MCSA....Yipee...

Regards,
    David

Awesome job. How long were you studying for this?
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    the exam was good, long and hard.

I bet it was. Couldn't resist.

Congrats!!
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knwminus- About 5 months of solid prep, was supposed to sit it on December 28th but got hammered with work... That 5 months was pure labsreading and studying.

rsutton- Yeah, its amazing that they ask 98 questions... it almost seems like it will never end but then sooner or later you hit the review page and thats when it hits you and you realize...damn that was long...

Thanks guys,

Regards,
    David
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Fantastic job! Congrats for passing.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys,

Regards,
    David
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the exam was good, long and hard.

Congrats, and that's what she said!
    LOL!!!

I will watch my words more carefully....