Wireless questions

jdreddjdredd Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I ran across a practice question regarding wireless that asked when it was reasonable to employ a WLAN. The correct answer was apparently after you are sure there are no secrets on your network for others to take, but there was also an option that said after a WLAN security policy was in place. It seems to me that a network will always have secrets for others to take, so you should do policy first. Other answer choices were after isolating and securing the WLAN access points and after you have permission from your supervisor.

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    That's a really poor practice question...
  • jdreddjdredd Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought so too -- it was from exam cram, usually they are better. Usually you can learn some concept from the question, this one no.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    jdredd wrote:
    The correct answer was apparently after you are sure there are no secrets on your network for others to take, but there was also an option that said after a WLAN security policy was in place.
    The latter is obviously the correct answer (do getting permission from your supervisor is wise too ;)), it basically says you need to think about security before you actually implement the WLAN. Unless the explanation matches the incorrect correct answer, I'm quite sure the author originally wrote the question with that one as the correct answer in mind. Looks like a mistake was made in an editing or conversion process.

There's probably an email address or website form to which you can submit your findings, it may even be listed in an errata already.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I agree with Webmaster and got the same impression when reading through. I said it was a poor question due to the answer you said was the correct one.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I concur icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007