Back in the game

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Well, here I go again. Studying for the R&S written, hopefully to take it in about 3-4 months, although I'm not holding myself to a hard date, as I want to know the material cold.

Last time I had just as much motivation, but I got sidetracked, and wanted to finish my CCNP first. After the CCNP, I worked on the CCDA, mostly since I thought it'd be interesting. I read through the CCDA book, and am just waiting on my test date (Feb 4th). In the meantime, I'm studying for the CCIE R&S written.

My entire thoughts on this can be found on this post:

SGT CCIE - A man on a mission to master OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, and anything in between! | Back on the horse…for real.

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Getting sidetracked is so easy, you want to check up on one topic in more detail and the next thing you know you're off down a different Rabit Hole. Not to worry, getting back on the CCIE track is like riding a bike...a big scarey mountain of a bike ;).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thought I'd provide a little update.

I'll be ordering my gear next week it looks like, and hope to have it all hooked up and fully operational in about a month. I'm not a big rush since I'm focusing on the written exam right now, but I'd like to lab my IEWB Vol I stuff in the meantime. Ideally, I'd like to be at the point of beginning Vol II labs by the time I take the written, or possibly even have done one or two Vol II labs..thus verifying that I have the essential knowledge for each technology.

Other then the equipment being on the way soon, I am chugging away at TCP/IP Vol I. It's going slow, but I am learning, and I feel great about that. I love this field :)