CCENT passed, life can go on now

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
I was ready to sit this mid December 09, except everywhere was booked; had to wait until mid Jan (too long). Failed mid Jan with 791 and barely passed today with 828. 2 weeks between retakes? Knowledge becomes rusty and not enough time to review everything.

One of the sims really wiped me out and I ended up forgetting a few of the absolute basic commands. I still rushed it and ended up with 13 minutes to spare. I was drained at the end.

IMO I don't believe time management to be a big issue with this one. Many will disagree, but I reckon as long as you know your stuff, you can get through this one without too much pressure (unlike me).

Here's the big question though: the score is based on a scale of 300 to 1000 points. Does that mean I get 300 just for showing up and my score of 828 is really only about 75%?

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You must be really glad to get this out of the way!

Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Onto ICND2 now?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Does that mean I get 300 just for showing up and my score of 828 is really only about 75%?
    Yep -- you were a tad over 75%
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    CCENT is only the beginning!

Or was that death? I always get those confused.
  • GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! :)
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

Aw nuts, Still I know now to take Cisco more seriously than I did with MS. I reckon I'll blitz ICND2.

Beginning of the end, Forsaken. Hopefully this helps in the step upwards that I've been trying to get.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!

Good luck all the way up!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Beginning of the end, Forsaken. Hopefully this helps in the step upwards that I've been trying to get.

Trust me, when it comes to Cisco learning, there's no end. Not if you want to actually be a netengy :)
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Okay so if I understand correctly a pass is really just getting about 70% of the questions right?
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Even after certifications the real learning doesn't even begin until you step into a live production enviroment or start touching real equiptment and putting the theory to real test.

I passed recently also, ONTO ICDN2!
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hexem wrote: »
    Even after certifications the real learning doesn't even begin until you step into a live production enviroment or start touching real equiptment and putting the theory to real test.

True, but right now I can't choose the work given to me. All I can do is decide what to learn on my own merit.

But yes, onto ICND2!
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations for passing this exam. I feel this was a hard exam.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! Trust me if you get sucked in there isn't an end. I thought I was going to stop at CCNA. Been studying since I passed CCNA, passed BCMSN, now I'm on my second attempt toward the BSCI. I said that I was going to stop after that but have plans to probably study and eventually move toward CCIE.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Okay so if I understand correctly a pass is really just getting about 70% of the questions right?
    If they "barely passed" then the passing percent probably isn't much lower that there 75%. The Old 640-801 CCNA worked out to needing about 79% to pass.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!