Options

Final score ICND1 - 1 Me - 0

dmwdmw Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
This test pretty much dominated me today, however, I knew going in I would most likely fail. That’s not to say I had a negative attitude but realistically I know Cisco exams are tough and this is my 1st attempt at one. Additionally I don't work with Cisco equipment day in and day out just here and there. All in all I am not too disappointed because I know I can pass this. I now have a better idea of the questions asked, particularly the sims. I also know where to focus for the next attempt.

For study materials I've been using train signal videos, this site, subnettingquestions.com and another ip subnet practice site. I am going to buy the Odom CCNA library and rent some lab time and I'll pass it.

Scored a 778 and was struggling to complete in time. I got a rough sim question to start and I spent way too much time on it. I am confident I know how to tackle those questions now though.

Thanks to all for your posts and info.
Rebooting computers since 1999

Comments

• Options
    jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I might go ahead and try the test ready or not sometime. Its not hugely expensive and I got the money, if i pass great, if not, it was practice to know what the test is like.
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    dmw wrote: »
    For study materials I've been using train signal videos, this site, subnettingquestions.com and another ip subnet practice site. I am going to buy the Odom CCNA library and rent some lab time and I'll pass it.
    The Odom books are excellent, look at the questions on the CD as well, they are very hard, some say much harder than the exam itself.

IMO doing mock exam questions supplied with the books before the actual exam is an essential part of the prep process. It's not about learning the answers, but identifiing any weakness in your understanding then swotting up on some sections.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    sometimes you have to fail before you succeed, and in some cases you have to fail many times before you succeed. Don't panic once you get into the exam, if you get a hardcore difficult question, just answer it best you can and move on, that's where those practice exams come in handy, allot yourself to no more than a minute and a half to answer any one question

there's 90 minutes for your exam, there's 55-65 questions on it, supposing there are 60 questions, you have a minute and a half per question, possible.

But really the best indicator of how ready you are is by how well you do on the numerous practice exams out there. If you buy Odom's book and do those practice exams and do well, you can be reasonably sure of passing. You MUST know the material. I'd recommend you find some version of Packet Tracer and do the labs so you can blow through those router sims.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    +10 on a study guide. I am using the odom book too and would recommend it to anyone but from the looks of things you almost passed with no study guide so that's an accomplishment I'd say.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I totally agree that the Odom books will help as well. Train signal basically goes along with those books, so read the text, and Train Signal can fill in the gaps. Get some lab time, and you'll be fine on the next go around!