JNCIP Hardcover book

mumraomumrao Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which store is selling JNCIP hardcover book? I have pdf copy of it but i prefer to read a book.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mumrao wrote: »
    Which store is selling JNCIP hardcover book? I have pdf copy of it but i prefer to read a book.
    The cost on some of the out-of-print books are outrageous.

I looked up some of the Juniper Certification books on Amazon (and other online used book sellers) and the JNCIP and JNCIE books were in the $400-$500 price range, with the other books in the $100-$200 range. That would make my 5 old Juniper Certification books worth around $1400 (or the cost of one Juniper/Cisco Lab exam). icon_eek.gif

(and no, I'm not selling mine or loaning mine out icon_lol.gif)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just looked again on Amazon -- JNCIE is $300 for a NEW copy, and starts at $218 for used copies.

And the JNCIP Study Guide (hardcover) is listed as $99,999.00 plus $3.99 shipping -- for either new or used icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    mikej412 wrote: »
    And the JNCIP Study Guide (hardcover) is listed as $99,999.00 plus $3.99 shipping -- for either new or used icon_lol.gif

Oh, is that all? In that case I'll take 2! ;)

The best bet fo picking up any out of print books is to scour ebay. I picked up my JNCIS for 80$ and my IP and IE for a bundle deal of 80$. Unfortunately this can take some serious waiting around icon_sad.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Found one on google for 30.75 until you get sent to paypal to check out when it automagically becomes $114,450.00 + $4.95 for shipping and handling. They have several in stock the voice avatar claims. I would bloody well think the shipping should be free.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I would love to sell my book at that price.. Any buyers.. I have a 50% discount since it's got some usage on it..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • densmadensma Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i need to shop for one too. accepting donation, if you have it collecting dust :)
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Found one on google for 30.75 until you get sent to paypal to check out when it automagically becomes $114,450.00 + $4.95 for shipping and handling. They have several in stock the voice avatar claims. I would bloody well think the shipping should be free.

haha, ya know if he gave away free shipping with every book it might cut too deep into his profits ;)
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I would love to sell my book at that price.. Any buyers.. I have a 50% discount since it's got some usage on it..

lol, seriously if 100k+ is the going rate I'll put a big discount on mine and go buy a new car ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • mumraomumrao Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for all your replies, finally i ordered the book from amazon uk for $182
  • ccie15672ccie15672 Member Posts: 92 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I managed to get both books over the last year by having a google alert set up for "JNCIP" and "JNCIE." I got both of them, with CD, for under 50 bucks in great condition. It just takes time.
    Derick Winkworth
    CCIE #15672 (R&S, SP), JNCIE-M #721
    Chasing: CCIE Sec, CCSA (Checkpoint)
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ccie15672 wrote: »
    I managed to get both books over the last year by having a google alert set up for "JNCIP" and "JNCIE." I got both of them, with CD, for under 50 bucks in great condition. It just takes time.

I want a hardcopy JCNIE I must go find the **** for Google :):)

Hey my cat says tell your cat to stop making scary faces.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO