CCNP finished today!

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the ONT today with 944/1000, and I am finally a CCNP. :)

I found ONT to be the easiest of the four 642-CCNP exams. But then again, after BCSI everything seemed easy. BCSI was a monster, and I barely passed.

Next up is CCNA Security, and after that I probably will do the design track. I am having a lot of fun learning Cisco stuff, and I hope the CCIE is within reach in a couple of years. But first I want to finish one or two more professional tracks.

And now, as always after a passed exam - the pub awaits.

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done there sir!!!

strangely enough I finished my CCNA security last week and starting my CCNP now :)

As i understand it many of the areas of CCNA security are covered in the old CCNP certification so should a nice quick one to get :)

once again congrats!! As i see it once the CCNP is done you have become a network expert.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Congrats, I bet it feels great getting that bear of a cert over with.

Crack a beer (or beverage of choice) and relax, you are a network pro!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass man and becoming a CCNP! You've worked hard and you're finally there. GO OUT celebrate, have a few long island ice teas or something like that :p BSCI definitely is a BEAST. My 2nd attempt is Next Saturday, once I am done the BSCI, I'm hoping ISCW and ONT aren't as difficult as BSCI. I've had a lot of fun learning the BSCI material though. I plan to take ONT next, how long did you study for the ONT?
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    hhasund congratulations on finishing the CCNP; it is not an easy thing to do and you did it with style 944 :D
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done sir, well done!
  • josunin75josunin75 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrad!
    =============================
    on to BCMSN ^=============^

<Lab>
    2 x 3550 EMI
    2 x 2950
    2 x 3640
    1 x 2621
    =============================
  • purebluepureblue Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!
    I just got ISCW in the bag this morning, gearing up for the last one, ONT.
    CCNP : Done!

iosadventures.blogspot.com :study:
  • Laztech200Laztech200 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Getting started on it in the summer hopefully!
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to all that pass the exam :)
  • NullCodeNullCode Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Go get a little drunk and party !
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He's been MIA for 2 days after the pass..think he might have had one too many ;)
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    congrats ;)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass
  • hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm still alive, I'v been away on travel over the weekend. :)

I studied for ONT for about one and a half month. Like I said, it was the easiest of the four. I concentrated mainly on the QOS-part. Voip and Wireless was fairly easy. I found the wireless documentation on BCMSN to be rather weak, so I studied a bit more than what was required when I read for it. That really helped me on the ONT, and the wireless part was mainly repetition this time around. For the Voip-part, Transignal really helped. I started out reading Voip from the study guide, and didn't feel that I really understood everything. Trainsignal helped me out a lot, especially the stuff about the Nyquist Theorem.

I used Trainsignal, Ciscopress and borrowed the course material from a colleague. That has been my strategy throughout my CCNP studies.

Did my exams in the following order, BCSI - ICSW - BCMSN - ONT, and don't regret that.

Just started looking at the CCNA Security, and the only thing I can see that hasn't allready been covered in my CCNP studies is the SAN-part.
    Then again, it doesn't hurt to refresh a little... It feels a bit wrong to go back to a 640-exam, but it needs to be done to continue on the Security path.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well done that man.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hhasund wrote: »

Just started looking at the CCNA Security, and the only thing I can see that hasn't allready been covered in my CCNP studies is the SAN-part.
    Then again, it doesn't hurt to refresh a little... It feels a bit wrong to go back to a 640-exam, but it needs to be done to continue on the Security path.

I just finished the Security exam and I notice that SAN is not on the blue prints any more. I wont say don't study for it but I would be shocked if it was a big part of any exam.

I think you need to look in terms of real world topics, in my view the core of the CCNA security is aimed at layer 2/Switch, firewall and VPN, certificates and encryption.

Any way good luck, I enjoyed the security exam, espicaly as i haven't worked with firewalls and VPN'S at all.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.