I think I am ready for the CCNA..

bigheadxbigheadx Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Should I take it as a whole or in 2 parts?

Ive taken the 4 courses through my local comm. college and believe I am knowledged enough to take the test.

Anyone recommend some good free sim tests?

Mind asking me some odd ball questions so I can answer them?

I am currently going over previous chapter quizzes, just to get things fresh!
WIP: CCNA, BS Sys/Net Admin

Taking one byte out of computers, one bit at a time!

College Fund:
[-/
] (15000)

Comments

• billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I would recommend grabbing the CCNA exam certification library if you don't have it. You can purchase it for $38.00 from Amazon. The reason I say that is because you can get the Boson exam software, to take practice exams. They include sims as well. The best thing you can do in addition to that is just lab EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you have covered.
  • bigheadxbigheadx Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have access to all the books/labs provided by Cisco (Will have access for another 6 months).

So I can look at routing, switching, wans.. etc ...

College Fund:
    [-/
    ] (15000)
    I might spend 2-3 weeks pounding out labs to get everything fresh again. Choose 1 lab from each chapter, from each sections ( So like 30 labs all together).

College Fund:
    [-/
    ] (15000)
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    That's what I would recommend. I wouldn't take too long, that way you don't lose anything you have learned. But I would recommend that and I highly recommend you labbing all types of NAT configuration. ACL configurations, VLAN, and STP configs, etc...
    Yea, Im going to focus on VTP/STP/NAT/ACLs.

College Fund:
    [-/
    ] (15000)
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    bigheadx wrote: »
    Yea, Im going to focus on VTP/STP/NAT/ACLs.
    dont forget some of the basic's arping, mac tables and frame relay will be in the exams. also make sure your fast at subnetting as it was a major part of the two part exam route when i did it
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aldous wrote: »
    dont forget some of the basic's arping, mac tables and frame relay will be in the exams. also make sure your fast at subnetting as it was a major part of the two part exam route when i did it

Agreed, what helped me was making a reference chart for the possible subnets and multiples of 2's. This saved me a lot of time and prevented the errors that usually happen when I try to solve subnetting problems in my head lol.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore