Options

Question about NT/2000 boot process

entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
Are the boot processes for Windows NT/Windows 2000 the same as the boot process for Windows XP? I ask because the study guides at MCMCSE.com don't include a boot process in the guide for the Windows NT/2000 structure.
CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005

Comments

• Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The boot sequence is as follows: POST (Power On Self Test) / NTLDR / Kernel Load / Kernel Initialisation / Services Load / Logon this is for Windows 2000 and XP.
  • Options
    entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    Thanks a lot.

I assume that the process is the same for NT because in all of the study material I've looked at Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP are always grouped together. Or at least Windows NT and Windows 2000 are.
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No worries.. They are all built on NT, thats why they are together.. Well 2000 and XP are built on NT5 (well nearly 100% certain).
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Metaldave wrote:
    No worries.. They are all built on NT, thats why they are together.. Well 2000 and XP are built on NT5 (well nearly 100% certain).

That is how I understand it!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?