Finally I can make this thread...

shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
After being made fun of enough by Dynamik to just take the test already.

I finally took and passed the CCNA Security exam. I have to say I put this off much longer then I should and with my studying kinda made it a little harder on myself. I read the Amazon.com: CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide (Exam 640-553) (9781587202209): Michael Watkins, Kevin Wallace: Books and most of Chris Bryant's guide. I really didn't do much labbing since most of my job covers most of the material for the labbing perspective. I didn't spend as much time working in SDM as I probably should have but I'd seen it enough to figure it out and I use ASDM daily so I think that made up for it. I'm not sure about some of the rules I remember reading on the sims but it may not be a public topic anymore from the experience I had.

I ended up with a 911/1000 as my tentative score once review by the Cisco process.

All in all I think it was a fairly easy exam I only took about 30-35 mins to complete the exam and most of it was trying to read everything in the sims since the window sizes got all messed up. I chalk up the easiness of the exam to my daily job, but is definitely easier then my CCNA was.

Not sure what I'm after next, need to discuss that more with my team lead. If they wouldn't have re-vamped the NP so much probably that one would have been my next step but might be the SP now instead since I'm becoming the VPN guy for North America. Masters is still keeping me busy as well so we'll see.

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    shednik wrote: »
    After being made fun of enough by Dynamik to just take the test already.

I finally took and passed the CCNA Security exam. I have to say I put this off much longer then I should and with my studying kinda made it a little harder on myself. I read the Amazon.com: CCNA Security Official Exam Certification Guide (Exam 640-553) (9781587202209): Michael Watkins, Kevin Wallace: Books and most of Chris Bryant's guide. I really didn't do much labbing since most of my job covers most of the material for the labbing perspective. I didn't spend as much time working in SDM as I probably should have but I'd seen it enough to figure it out and I use ASDM daily so I think that made up for it. I'm not sure about some of the rules I remember reading on the sims but it may not be a public topic anymore from the experience I had.

I ended up with a 911/1000 as my tentative score once review by the Cisco process.

All in all I think it was a fairly easy exam I only took about 30-35 mins to complete the exam and most of it was trying to read everything in the sims since the window sizes got all messed up. I chalk up the easiness of the exam to my daily job, but is definitely easier then my CCNA was.

Not sure what I'm after next, need to discuss that more with my team lead. If they wouldn't have re-vamped the NP so much probably that one would have been my next step but might be the SP now instead since I'm becoming the VPN guy for North America. Masters is still keeping me busy as well so we'll see.

AWESOME!!!!! I hope to join you in a few days. Very good job!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    shednik wrote: »

Congratulationsicon_cheers.gif

Yeah, the screen sizes could have been better when I did my CCNA:S. I left Cisco a friendly note on them questions.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, you do this for a living. Getting out of bed and driving to the test center was probably the most difficult part for you. About time!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Nice score too icon_wink.gif

Hopefully will take this myself soon.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    nice one fella good score icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.