1Y0-327 - Password Manager 4.5

Whilst I am in Citrix mode, I have been studying Password Manager 4.5. As a CCEA, I have passed the Password Manager 4.0 exam and knowledge of Password Manager 4.1 was essential for the 1Y0-456 exam. My reason for taking this exam is work related (and a little check back to see how it has evolved)

I have the official Citrix courseware, a lab with the appropriate servers and clients installed. The courseware is at best a long lab guide so working through this is good for me. I also have the Citrixxperience study pack to ensure I am in full Password Manager mode.

After looking around the web and fighting my way through countless posts for brain **** and the likes, it seems there are few that have succeeded on this one. Anyone taken this exam and would like to share their experiences? I understand that this is an obscure product that very few people have actually implemented in the real world, however, Citrix want CCEAs to have knowledge of this product so I hope someone out there has an experience with the 4.5 exam.

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    I have the official Citrix courseware, a lab with the appropriate servers and clients installed. The courseware is at best a long lab guide so working through this is good for me. I also have the Citrixxperience study pack to ensure I am in full Password Manager mode.
    Where did you get the official course material? Also is it useful and a good value? I've been unable to get in touch with anyone at Citrix Learning to get more info (no response to email or voice mail icon_sad.gif ).
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Where did you get the official course material?

As I live in the UK it is not possible to purchase the official courseware separately from a full 2 day course. I was lucky and was able borrow one from someone that when on the course.
    Also is it useful and a good value?

HHHMMM that's a tough one as this is not the best courseware that I have ever seen. However, if you look at the enablement guide and map it back, the courseware meets up well (module 9 most importantly).

The labs in the courseware do give you a feel, however, much more is needed. This was a tough exam and without all the lab time there is little chance I would have passed, I really could have done with more time on the Password Manager service.
    I've been unable to get in touch with anyone at Citrix Learning to get more info (no response to email or voice mail icon_sad.gif ).

That's odd, they are normally good with their responses.

I have seen courseware appear on places like eBay from time to time but I am not sure that this I all above board.
    I haven't been very aggressive with contacting Citrix Learning (only sent a couple emails and voice mails) since I'm busy studying for other stuff, but I'll continue trying. There aren't that many learning options out there for Citrix, at least compared to what I'm used to with Microsoft. I do have a XenApp book, which will come in handy when I get started on Citrix certs... I am interested in the CCEE for Virtualization cert.

Anyway, thanks for the info!!
    MentholMoose
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I am trying to get the CCEE course underwritten by my company at the moment. I am already a CCEA so I just need to upgrade.

Once I've done the CCEE I think I will take a crack at the CCIA :)
    stupidboy wrote: »
    I am trying to get the CCEE course underwritten by my company at the moment. I am already a CCEA so I just need to upgrade.

Once I've done the CCEE I think I will take a crack at the CCIA :)
    I'm currently studying for something else, and I haven't decided what to do next, either Citrix or RHCE. I've requested the RHCE course at work, so if it's approved then it's next, otherwise I'll likely work on getting some Citrix stuff done!

Good luck!!
    MentholMoose
    I got through to someone at Citrix education and got pricing on the self-paced online courses. They are EXPENSIVE!! I might as well do instructor led training. This is bad since there aren't really any other self-study materials available for most of the exams.

Anyway, I guess it's not too bad since I mostly need study material for XenApp, which is out there. For other exams I can use a lab environment, the official docs, and my real world experience to hopefully pass.
    MentholMoose