I need to get associate in order to get to professional??

poguypoguy Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need to get associate in order to get to professional??
according to this:
Oracle University Select Country
thankyou

Comments

• RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    According to the flow chart, yes.

You need to follow the Associate track, then follow the Professional track.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It does not mention needing to have the associate as a requirement. Just a mid-level exam and a pro series course.

See, I was wondering about that and I looked at other sources and it did not seem to require it... NOW I'M CONFUSED!
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Yep, I had to pass OCA and OCP exams, then take a hands-on class to get the official OCP cert.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the input. what is your opinion of the certifications from both a knowledge gained and a career perspective?
  • cablegodcablegod Member Posts: 294
    Thanks for the input. what is your opinion of the certifications from both a knowledge gained and a career perspective?

I think they are very valuable if you are in or trying to get into a DBA role. The exams are not easy by any means. (I hope this doesn't break the NDA) From what I remember, there were very few "theory" questions, more scenario based than anything. It seems like they want you to show that you know how to apply all of the theory that you learned. Just knowing how something works doesn't really help much, you need to know how and when to apply the techniques that you learned.
    “Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure.” -Robert LeFevre