Options

Tcat study guide

walaboomwalaboom Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is it just me that feel this study guide is so hard to read? Tcat uses so many tech terms and I guess he just assumed that you know them all. I find this PDF so hard and confusing to read and understand. Maybe I don't have enough experience in security field, but still.........

Can you guys please express thought on this study guide, or maybe recommend another one that is easier to read. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I thought it was extremely easy to read and follow. That's one reason it's better than the rest.
  • Options
    hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it sucks but it's better than the others.

i find the best way to study is study the summary first and memorize it.

work on the detail later.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh, I think if you compare Tcats work to many of the other Sec+ publications you will actually find that it is easier to understand.
    Tcat is very good at writing technical stuff for people who have problems learning - perhaps not always ideal for everybody, but I believe a very good concept.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I would personally advise Tcat to anyone who wants a introduction to Security +. Its a very simple and basic insight into this certfication. I would recommend reading many books and then you won't count on one book alone to cover the vastness and range of the Security + cert.

Basically I think Tcat is one of the best around and is pretty straightforward to follow and runs along the objectives of the exam very well. :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!