VMware help

timoskitimoski Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would appreciate any advice I could get on configuring VMware to run a virtual Network. No matter what I try, I cant get computers to find and join the domain.

I have tried NAT, and host only adapters.

DHCP has been authorised in AD, and turned off in VMware.

Here is the first inkling something might be wrong, the domain IP address is 192.168.106.129......now Im a novice but this sounds wrong to me.

I installed the DC by following all the default options in the manage your server wizard.

Second clue, the VMware network adapters are showing up as unidentified in windows 7 under network and sharing centre.

I got no idea where to go.

Thanks.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Start over from the beginnning. Set all your VMs to use Bridged in their network settings.

1. Check the network scheme used by the host computer. It is probably 192.168.1.X with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask.

2. What is the network address assigned to your DC? If you are using a dynamic IP address on the server just scrap your install and start over. Chalk this up to experience. Just reinstall the server OS and rerun DCPromo.

3. What is the DNS Server assigned to your DC? The DNS Server address should be either 127.0.0.1 or the server's own IP address.

4. What is the DNS server being used by the clients?

5. Are the clients using the same network addressing scheme as the server?

6. Before joining the domain can the clients ping the domain? PING TEST.LOCAL for example.