Frameswitch, 3/64 pvc's not working

accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
hello everyone :)

I'm beginning to study for the BGP & MPLS exams in the CCIP track since they are big topics in the route to the CCIE R&S.

I'm configuring my 2522 as the frame switch and I have 8 routers connected to it via serial links. 3x 2600's, 3x 3640's and 2x 2500's

So I have 64 total PVC's creating a full mesh between the 8 routers. everything is working except 3 PVC's on R6 which is a 3640. It has 8 PVC's just like every other router, and it's been configured the same way. PVC 603, 604, and 605 are DOWN/DOWN for some reason. They only appear down from R6, on every other router all 8 PVC's are UP/UP and I can ping between everything except those 3 PVC's. It's so strange that 5 of the PVC's from R6 are working, but those 3 are not.

I've tried different WIC-1T cards, serial cables, and a different port on the frame switch, nothing seems to work.

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.. :)

Thanks,
Dan
Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

Comments

• john-ciscojohn-cisco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    does your frame type match between the fr-switch and the r6 interfaces?
    try mannually setting it?
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    post config
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    accely wrote: »
    and a different port on the frame switch, nothing seems to work.
    And did the problem remain on the frame relay switch serial port? Or did it follow the router? Was it with the same cable? Or a different cable? Does another router/cable working on another port have the same issue when you put it on that frame relay switch port?

What's the memory and IOS on the frame relay switch? Is the frame-relay switch providing clocking for all the serial ports? Is each router providing the clocking? Something in between?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    thanks for the thoughts guys. :D

I went at it again just now and I finally caught my mistake. I knew after copying and pasting 8 different routers configs and renumbering all the pvc's and interfaces I had to have made at least one mistake and I did!

It was on R6's config, I had the wrong DLCI's mapped with the frame-relay interface-dlci command. I missed those 3 when I changed 1, 2, 7, and 8 correctly.

incorrect config was:
    frame-relay interface-dlci 503
    frame-relay interface-dlci 504
    frame-relay interface-dlci 505

should have been:

interface Serial0/0.603 point-to-point
    description Router 6 DLCI 603 to Router 3 (306)
    ip address 10.36.1.6 255.255.255.0
    frame-relay interface-dlci 603

interface Serial0/0.604 point-to-point
    description Router 6 DLCI 604 to Router 4 (406)
    ip address 10.46.1.6 255.255.255.0
    frame-relay interface-dlci 604

interface Serial0/0.605 point-to-point
    description Router 6 DLCI 605 to Router 5 (506)
    ip address 10.56.1.6 255.255.255.0
    frame-relay interface-dlci 605'

oh well, learn learn learn :D
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats why i asked you to post the config. something about making a copy does a icon_idea.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons