Scheduled the PW0-104

shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am scheduled to take the 104 on Feb. 16. I took the 100 once and failed it with a 68% :S right around the time they retired it. I was taking classes and working full time at the time so I didn't feel too confident scheduling it again before they retired it (and I figured learning the new version would be beneficial in some ways).

I work with a Cisco controller based WLAN on a college campus. We have some autonomous APs at our remote sites as well and use a third party access controll/RADIUS solution with them and the controller. I have a little experience with outdoor bridging as well.

I have been using the Sybex study guide and the practice tests offered on the CWNP website. Are there any other good materials I should hit that covers anything the Sybex book may be missing? Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Besides studying 802.11 material freely available on the Web, it sounds like you have everything but the Official Study Guide, which is highly recommended.
  • GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having done the CWNA exam recently, studying using the Sybex book and the practice exams, I would definitely say do not miss out on reading up on the extra information that comes on the book's CD.

All the best for the exam.
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Besides studying 802.11 material freely available on the Web, it sounds like you have everything but the Official Study Guide, which is highly recommended.

Thanks for the reply. Just FYI, I believe the Sybex book is now the official study guide. CWNA Self-Study (Exam PW0-104)
  • shaun5263shaun5263 Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GiddyG wrote: »
    Having done the CWNA exam recently, studying using the Sybex book and the practice exams, I would definitely say do not miss out on reading up on the extra information that comes on the book's CD.

All the best for the exam.

Thanks, I haven't dug into that stuff yet, but I'll be sure to take a look.
    shaun5263 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Just FYI, I believe the Sybex book is now the official study guide. CWNA Self-Study (Exam PW0-104)
    That is true. I had forgotten that the Sybex book replaced the previous OSG nearly a year ago. Sybex is also the official publisher for CWTS and CWSP books as well.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    That is true. I had forgotten that the Sybex book replaced the previous OSG nearly a year ago. Sybex is also the official publisher for CWTS and CWSP books as well.

And good riddance. The Sybex books were far superior anyway.
    dynamik wrote: »
    And good riddance. The Sybex books were far superior anyway.
    Yes, over the years the CWNP has certainly matured as a certification vendor, and the increase in quality of their publications certainly reflects their devotion to continued improvement.