294 Exam

Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
I'm studying for the 294 exama using Testout, MSPress and Transcender.
I'm having a tuff time understanding the question about design a OU structure. Maybe its just the way they word the question in Transcender.
What are some key words to look for when designing OU structures?
Are there any question on OU structure on the exam at all?

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very good question because I don't know the Microsoft answer to this at all.

In the real world, you need to work with the company to design the best OU structure that is going to work with the policies you want to setup at the company.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Well i do know and I've setup our own OUs at work but its hard to understand what Microsoft is looking for.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Super99 wrote: »
    Well i do know and I've setup our own OUs at work but its hard to understand what Microsoft is looking for.

I agree... I missed these questions on the exam all the time... My 'bar' is the lowest in that section.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In my opinion the primary importance of OU design is to facilitate the proper application and processing of GPOs, anything else is simply decoration.

What I would suggest is that you take a quick refresh of GPOs then do a quick refresh of OU design according to the MS Press book.

I like this guy's point of view:
    Clearing the Confusion of OU Design

Almost everything in my AD here at my current job is in a single OU. I have only split out to other OUs in instances where I need to apply GPOs or in some cases where it simply makes it easier on me to find the associated user or computer accounts. I keep most of my AD groups in a SecGroups OU, for example, because I make changes to them more frequently than I do to individual user accounts.

Other than the importance of GPOs I can only suggest that you consider each question from Transcender and try to understand it and relate it back to what the book and TestOut have taught you. I imagine the true issue you are having is that OU design can be so flexible it is hard to get a handle on it.