NTP Problem

Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
I have configured my router as NTP master and set the correct time, timezone and Stratum. My second router has NTP server (IP address) but it will not sync time. I manually changed it to the correct time and it jumped backwards like it had another NTP association.

This is a clients network so i cant post any configs but i've been all over the Cisco website docs, my NP books and even threw it in my lab last night and didnt have a problem.

Could it be possible that there is an NTP Peer configured somewhere that is changing the time? Any other possible thoughts?
Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    what does the show ntp associations and status commands show?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Show ntp assoc - Master

address ref clock st when poll reach delay offset disp
    *~127.127.7.1 .LOCL. 0 0 64 377 0.0 0.00 0.0
    * master (synced), # master (unsynced), + selected, - candidate, ~ configured

Router 2
    address ref clock st when poll reach delay offset disp
    *~10.172.254.1 .LOCL. 1 43 64 377 2.6 -0.10 0.0
    * master (synced), # master (unsynced), + selected, - candidate, ~ configured
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Probably not going to be much help we can give you without the config. I guess I can give you the link to an NTP set up form Cisco, but I'm sure (or at least hope) you have already thought of that.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    the config is the same one from Cisco's website. i took out what was in place and put that in.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
    would there be a specific reason why when i put in a timezone it is off by 17 minutes?
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison