livenliven Member Posts: 918
JUNIPER NETWORKS J2300-1E2FE1BL-S-AC-US ROUTER NEW

or

JUNIPER NETWORKS J2300-1S2FEL-S-AC-CH ROUTER NEW

or

JUNIPER NETWORKS J2300-1S2FEL-S-AC-IT ROUTER NEW

or

JUNIPER NETWORKS J2300-1S2FEL-S-AC-US ROUTER NEW
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Looks like the top one just has an ISDN port which really doesn't do me much good.

The bottom three are the same for the most part, but I am trying to figure out what the difference in software is depending on the localization... or is there a difference?

anyone?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Nope, no difference in the software, all of those run the same Junos. One thing I'd recommend is getting a J2300 with the fixed T1 ports. The serial cable is somewhat a pain to track down and you can make your own copper T1 cables out of cat5 cable.

Also, is this for study?
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Aldur wrote: »
    Nope, no difference in the software, all of those run the same Junos. One thing I'd recommend is getting a J2300 with the fixed T1 ports. The serial cable is somewhat a pain to track down and you can make your own copper T1 cables out of cat5 cable.

Also, is this for study?

Yes this is for study. I work with Juniper and Cisco everyday at work so it is not totally new to me. But I have used cisco for 10 years... Juniper for 10 months (if that).
    Aldur wrote: »

Also, is this for study?

Why did you ask if this was for study?
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    liven wrote: »
    Why did you ask if this was for study?

I was just wondering because the J2300's with the T1's built into it make it easy to study things like MLPPP or MLFR.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • jmadrid2jmadrid2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Liven, I was looking for some on eBay and two of them went for $300 each. Where are you going to buy them? How much?