Voice translation patterns!!

So I figured because there hasn't been alot of activity lately I would start posting stuff and see who is the first to answer the question..

Q1.
What does this voice translation pattern do??
!
voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 /^\(\*66\)\(.*\)$/ /\2/ type any international plan any isdn
rule 2 /^\(\*55\)\(.*\)$/ /\2/ type any unknown plan isdn isdn
!

Q.2
What is the debug command is this the output for??
!
eb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9
Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
Standard = CCITT
Transfer Capability = Speech
Transfer Mode = Circuit
Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
Channel ID i = 0xA98381
Exclusive, Channel 1
Progress Ind i = 0x8583 - Origination address is non-ISDN
Display i = 'HQ PSTN'
Calling Party Number i = 0x2180, '2123942123'
Plan:ISDN, Type:National
Called Party Number i = 0x91, '2123945001'
Plan:ISDN, Type:International
Feb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
Channel ID i = 0xA98381
Exclusive, Channel 1
Feb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available
Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9
Cause i = 0x8290 - Normal call clearing
Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9

Good Luck!
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    So I figured because there hasn't been alot of activity lately I would start posting stuff and see who is the first to answer the question..

Q1.
    What does this voice translation pattern do??
    !
    voice translation-rule 3
    rule 2 /^\(\*55\)\(.*\)$/ /\2/ type any unknown plan isdn isdn
    !

Q.2
    What is the debug command is this the output for??
    !
    eb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9
    Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
    Standard = CCITT
    Transfer Capability = Speech
    Transfer Mode = Circuit
    Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
    Channel ID i = 0xA98381
    Exclusive, Channel 1
    Progress Ind i = 0x8583 - Origination address is non-ISDN
    Display i = 'HQ PSTN'
    Calling Party Number i = 0x2180, '2123942123'
    Plan:ISDN, Type:National
    Called Party Number i = 0x91, '2123945001'
    Plan:ISDN, Type:International
    Feb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
    Channel ID i = 0xA98381
    Exclusive, Channel 1
    Feb 6 17:08:11: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
    Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available
    Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9
    Cause i = 0x8290 - Normal call clearing
    Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x80B9
    Feb 6 17:08:14: ISDN Se0/2/1:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x00B9

Good Luck!

Q2 is "debug isdn q931" fo-sho

Not sure on Q1 - I would guess that it's setting the outgoing ISDN type & plan attributes. All of the PRIs that I setup are happy with "unknown" :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Q1. - I will tell you guys the full answer Monday.. (but pitviper you are 1/2 correct.)

Q2. - pitviper your are correct .. ( debug isdn q931 )
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
    Q1. - I will tell you guys the full answer Monday.. (but pitviper you are 1/2 correct.)

Do share - You've peaked my interested :) I'm stumped a tad on the match patterns, specifically the *55/*66. Are they site codes or something?

Rule 1:
    Match pattern: ^\(\*66\)\(.*\)$
    Replace pattern: \2
    Match type: any Replace type: international
    Match plan: any Replace plan: isdn

Rule 2:
    Match pattern: ^\(\*55\)\(.*\)$
    Replace pattern: \2
    Match type: any Replace type: unknown
    Match plan: isdn Replace plan: isdn
    I used it on a pstn router for setting isdn plan types for when I call into a site... so i can take the same PSTN number and send it with a Subscriber, National, or Internationale type.

Q2.

rule 1 = first rule in the rule set
    / = starting match delimiter
    ^ = Beginning of String
    \( = Beginning of Set 1
    \* = hyphen is used to escape the mean of * and allows it to be considered a dialed digit
    66 = dialed digits
    \) = Ending of Set 1
    \( = Beginning of Set 2
    .* = Any digit followed by none or more occurrences. This is effectively anything, including null.
    \) = Ending of Set 2
    $ = End of String
    / = Ending match delimiter

/ = starting delimiter
    \2 = Set 2
    / = Ending delimiter

type = match number type
    any = match any number type
    international = set number type to international

plan = match plan type
    any = match any plan type
    isdn = set plan type to isdn

So when I dial = *66-555-555-5555 - I end up with 555-555-5555 plan isdn type international

Good reading :

Voice Translation Rules [Call Routing / Dial Plans] - Cisco Systems
    Interesting. I didn't realize that you could match a dialed "*"!! Makes sense now.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    This is deff one of my weak area. I'm glad you can test this out on the router to see what you can get before you actually add it to the config. In the next few weeks I will be putting together a lab to finish up my VP and do IE voice I plan on getting a lot of practice soon.

Not to hijack this thread but to the guys above who have some nice labs are they work suppled or purchaed. I have a buget of about 6-7K to put together a lab. I can't do rack rentals for VOIP I tried in the past.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    shodown wrote: »
    Not to hijack this thread but to the guys above who have some nice labs are they work suppled or purchaed. I have a buget of about 6-7K to put together a lab. I can't do rack rentals for VOIP I tried in the past.

I get reimbursed for test fees and some training material but that’s it. I look at the lab as a sort of college tuition with better ROI :)
    Fully Self Supported!!!!
    Now I don't feel so bad. I guess I will start putting it together piece by piece. I will start with building out CCM's
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    shodown wrote: »
    I have a buget of about 6-7K to put together a lab. I can't do rack rentals for VOIP I tried in the past.
    Start small and build as you go -- and once you figure out what you're doing it doesn't matter if the rack is next you or a continent away (so don't rule out rack rental in the future :D).

I paid for my own home lab out of my pocket (R&S, Voice, Security, etc) and it's more than paid for itself -- I'm an overpaid contractor who still has a job.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    for my last lab, i just used 2 1760's a CCM4 and a 2610 for a gatekeeper it got me through the CVOICE and CIPT. I didn't pass GWGK, so I have to kinda start over. So this will be a new adventure.
    Currently Reading

• surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Lucky Charm, im a little confused....
    On your translation explanation you mentioend:
    .* = Any digit followed by none or more occurrences. This is effectively anything, including null.

The fact that you have "." followed by "*" means that you have to at least have one digit doesn't it, or am I missing something?

EDIT: Oh footBALLS, sorry just re-thunk it and realised that the * indicates a match to the left 0 or more times. Consider this pointless post retracted icon_smile.gif