What's the 270 test really like?!

MYSTYKRACERMYSTYKRACER Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks, need some feedback on the 70-270 test. I have been studying the MS Press and Exam-Cram books for the past three months and when I take the practice tests on the CD-ROM w/ each book I score 95% on the Exam Cram CD but on the MS Press CD I'm barely able to score 75% on the MS Press practice exams. My question is which one of these practice tests is the real 270 test most like.

I've reread this material 'til I'm sick of it and I just want to take the test and be done w/ it! Every time I even think about RIS it gives me a headache!

Also, how much more difficult is the 70-290 test above the 70-270 test?

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The MS press exams are terrible on the CD. They have wrong answers on it.

If you felt like you have learned a lot from studying the exam then go sit the test with the second shot option and see how you do. Find out your weak points if you fail then retake.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • thedude22thedude22 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    don't say that Mishra !! am stadiying the MS press now and am geting good at it icon_sad.gif i just orded the whole suit of MCSE and Server 2008 did i just waste my money?
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    For the 270, know the different ways/types of install and when to use what type.
    For 290, follow the MSPress book pretty much. Know remote control, terminal servers.
    Super99 wrote: »
    For the 270, know the different ways/types of install and when to use what type.
    For 290, follow the MSPress book pretty much. Know remote control, terminal servers.

Hey Super99.

do you think that what i just bought is a waste of money or is it going to help me achieve in these exams?
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thedude22 wrote: »
    don't say that Mishra !! am stadiying the MS press now and am geting good at it icon_sad.gif i just orded the whole suit of MCSE and Server 2008 did i just waste my money?

The MS Press books are awesome. The MS Press CD practice exams are terrible.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote: »
    The MS Press books are awesome. The MS Press CD practice exams are terrible.

having said that, I did notice the spelling and the grammar mistakes they made but the questions and answers all seems to be ok. But then what I do is I look at the question and the answer and I refer to the book for the correction. But I've only just started using the 70-270, I hope the mistakes were only made in 70-270 and not whole set icon_lol.gif so what would you recommend to go for besides the books?

Thanks for your reply
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    The MSPress books are really good. you didnt waste your money on that.
    I'd also recomend Transcender for the 270.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think 270 is much easier if you take 290 and 291 first. That said, I've always thought the MS Press test software was the best in the biz, that I've tried, if it lets you do adaptive tests. They took that away for the newer tests that are out. I also find the MS Press tests to be slightly harder than the actual test.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • MYSTYKRACERMYSTYKRACER Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the feedback folks, it's greatly appreciated.

To those that asked, I think the MS books are top notch text books and study materials. I mean, who better to get the info from than the folks who wrote the software/books. I'll definitely be keeping these books long after I've finished w/ the tests for reference sources.

Like I said, I've taken and retaken the MS study test several times so I think I've seen all of the 300 questions in the test bank that comes w/ the CD. So far I've noted at least two questions that I know are flat wrong and possibly a third. There are some minor typos also but those don't bother me nearly as much as Microsoft's love of word obfuscation. Every time I finish these tests I just keep thinking, "Man, who ever writes this stuff desperately needs an English Comp class!"

At any rate, thanx for giving me the feedback and putting up w/ my rant. This a great site w/ a lot of good info. I'll probably be scheduling the test in the next two weeks so I'll report back w/ the results.
    Super99 wrote: »
    The MSPress books are really good. you didnt waste your money on that.
    I'd also recomend Transcender for the 270.

Thanks for the reply bud. I was looking in to the trascender.
    I think 270 is much easier if you take 290 and 291 first.

Does 290,291 cover the same as 270?
    Thanx for the feedback folks, it's greatly appreciated.

To those that asked, I think the MS books are top notch text books and study materials. I mean, who better to get the info from than the folks who wrote the software/books. I'll definitely be keeping these books long after I've finished w/ the tests for reference sources.

Like I said, I've taken and retaken the MS study test several times so I think I've seen all of the 300 questions in the test bank that comes w/ the CD. So far I've noted at least two questions that I know are flat wrong and possibly a third. There are some minor typos also but those don't bother me nearly as much as Microsoft's love of word obfuscation. Every time I finish these tests I just keep thinking, "Man, who ever writes this stuff desperately needs an English Comp class!"

At any rate, thanx for giving me the feedback and putting up w/ my rant. This a great site w/ a lot of good info. I'll probably be scheduling the test in the next two weeks so I'll report back w/ the results.

Hey MYSTYKRACER Thanks for starting this thread its very useful and sry for hijacking itncool.gif it’s just lazinessicon_lol.gif. Good luck with the test I hope you pass and do let us know I would be very interested to know if the CD that comes with the MS Press are useful or not. I am expecting delivery tomorrow from amazon. Have a look and you see what i mean.

MCSE Self Paced Training Kit: Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements (Pro-Certification)

MCSE Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory & Network Infrastructure Training Kit Book/CD Package:
    Designing a Microsoft Windows Server ...

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647): Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Adminstrator Core Requirements Book/CD/DVD ... Co

So i am planing to use the cd's to achieve this gol.And many thanks to those who have been very helpful.
    Ones again many Thanks and good luck

Sorry for double posting.
  • MYSTYKRACERMYSTYKRACER Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thedude22 wrote: »
    Does 290,291 cover the same as 270?

290 & 291 are the server / back end tests. 270/271/272 are the front end / client side tests.
    290 & 291 are the server / back end tests. 270/271/272 are the front end / client side tests.

Thanks bud icon_study.gif