It is done

unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well, CCNP is complete with the passing of ISCW this afternoon. I had to brave terrible weather to get to the testing center, all in all it took me about 2 1/2 hours when it should have only taken me about 45 mins (we are expecting about 11 inches of snow up in my area). Luckily when I called the testing center they told me that there was nobody behind me scheduled to sit any exams so I could take my time getting there. Huge relief that was.

Anyway, ISCW is not an easy exam so don't take it lightly in the least. Make sure that you're using multiple sources for the material as I found the Cisco Press book to be lacking in quite a few areas. I added CBT Nuggets to the mix and a few Cisco docs online. I have to get my VCP by July 1 to be eligible for a promotion and bonus so that's my next one to take down.
Preparing for CCIE Written

Comments

• kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Awesome man! Congrats on getting your CCNP. Don't forget to throw a celebration in there!!!
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Nice work on your pass of the CCNP. Take a short break to get your head clear before going into VMware.

I just passed my VCP 4.0 about 2 weeks ago.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The CCNP, not just a Certifications, it's an Adventure!!

Sounds like you earned a celebration for this one -- just as soon as you shovel the snow drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

@penny: i plan on taking at least one week before hitting the VCP trail, I've heard the 4.0 exam is, shall i say, a female dog

@mikej: haha, no shoveling necessary, we have dem der snow blowers up here. I had a celebratory weight lifting session afterwards and flexed on all four exam books with saliva and veins and protein power flying everywhere. It's just how I do things after I've owned them lol...i know, i know, TMI...
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations.. Well done...

seems a few of you guys are passing you CCNP at the moment. the work place will be awash with you all..

and good luck moving on to the VCP, but have a few days to relax first :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.