Options

CCNP complete

yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
This morning I called Pearson Vue and asked them if I could reschedule & take my final ONT exam today, instead of the date I had originally scheduled ( Feb 15t ). It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, I just felt ready. To my surprise Pearson Vue allowed me to do this!

Any ways, the exam had a lot of convoluted questions ( more than other exams ). My ability to decipher Ciscos ambiguous and trick questions was tested more than anything else. I managed to get an 888.

Comments

• Options
    unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations. feels great, eh??
    Preparing for CCIE Written
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! What's next?
  • Options
    CCIE is a logical next step, but I feel my experience is not worthy of the title, even if I could pass the lab.

CCIP is something I am really interested in, and it would be a great stepping stone towards the CCIE. My concern however is that the material is some what outdated and I would like to wait until Cisco updates the exam before committing to such a venture.

For now I am reading Radia Pearlam's book,

Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols

I bought this book when I started studying for the CCNP, but never read it because I was too focused on the Cisco Press books.
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Good job, congrats :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    yuriz43 wrote: »
    This morning I called Pearson Vue and asked them if I could reschedule & take my final ONT exam today, instead of the date I had originally scheduled ( Feb 15t ). It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, I just felt ready. To my surprise Pearson Vue allowed me to do this!

Grats! And yeah, I don't schedule exams in advance anymore. My preferred test center is just fine and dandy with scheduling me on a walkin basis, so when I feel it, I just go!
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grats! And yeah, I don't schedule exams in advance anymore. My preferred test center is just fine and dandy with scheduling me on a walkin basis, so when I feel it, I just go!

When I went in for my ONT, the testing lady (who I've seen a million times before it seems) misunderstood me, and asked if I was "cheating" on them with another testing center. Funny thing is, I have 2 or 3 testing centers within 25 minutes, but I drive an extra 10-15 minutes because the people are cool there.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    yuriz43 wrote: »

CCIP is something I am really interested in, and it would be a great stepping stone towards the CCIE. My concern however is that the material is some what outdated and I would like to wait until Cisco updates the exam before committing to such a venture.

Uhm, I'm not sure I'd say the CCIP exams are outdated. QoS isn't going anywhere anytime soon, neither is BGP or MPLS. About the only thing they could really update them with would be ipv6 specifics, but that's something that needs updating in all Cisco exams. although adding a Metro-E exam would be kind of cool
  • Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    congratulations!
    I've been procrastinating for the last year with my ccnp studies.. hopefully I will be where you're at within 6 months :)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, now get drunk! :)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Uhm, I'm not sure I'd say the CCIP exams are outdated. QoS isn't going anywhere anytime soon, neither is BGP or MPLS. About the only thing they could really update them with would be ipv6 specifics, but that's something that needs updating in all Cisco exams. although adding a Metro-E exam would be kind of cool

I didn't mean that BGP or MPLS was going to be outdated. I read a post from somebody who completed the CCIP and they had mentioned that some stuff was outdated. I'm guessing the way of doing things or command syntax?

How long has the CCIP been around in its current version?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□