Options

MS question

ForensickForensick Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
What are the steps that one takes into getting their MCSE? I guess the question is what material do I start off studying?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    What are the steps that one takes into getting their MCSE?

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
    I guess the question is what material do I start off studying?
    MS training kits from ms press, Transcenders/ExamForce/Preplogic or some other good set of practice exams, our TechNotes, our free practice tests, for example. In previous posts in this forum you can read what material others found useful.

As for the answer to your PM (please post your questions in the forums, you will get an answer eventually), whether you should go for 70-210 or 70-270 depends for which version of Windows you want to become an MCSE. 210 is the required client exam for the 2000 track, 270 for the 2003 track. Which you should go for depends on a lot on when you expect to put the knowledge to work. The link above as well as previous posts may help with your decision.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    210 and 270 can both be used to satify the client exam requirement in bot the 2000 and 2003 MCSE tracks.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I somehow assumed 70-210 wouldn't count towards the 2003 certs, you're right though, it does.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I somehow assumed 70-210 wouldn't count towards the 2003 certs, you're right though, it does.

It does? I never bothered reading, but I assumed that it didn't...
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It does, and it works the other way around also. 270 can substitute for 210 on the MCSE 2000 track.